• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. So do people REALLY want trusts in the whole game now?

User Info: shamfuru

shamfuru
1 month ago#1
Imagine: starting trusts from level 1 instead of 71, and having to grind each dungeon SIX times per trust PER LEVEL just to get them to the next available dungeon.

Then imagine having to run praetorum and castrum meridianum with trusts.
--- Remove the cancer, take back your souls ---

User Info: Mogryking

Mogryking
1 month ago#2
shamfuru posted...
Imagine: starting trusts from level 1 instead of 71, and having to grind each dungeon SIX times per trust PER LEVEL just to get them to the next available dungeon.

Then imagine having to run praetorum and castrum meridianum with trusts.

can I skip cutscenes in castrum in that scenario?
Monsterhunter Mistery Dungeon Moggwa-24.3.2016 (._.)
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/17419471/

User Info: Broken_Fox

Broken_Fox
1 month ago#3
LEVELING with trusts would make almost no difference as people in dungeons act like robots anyway and in a lot of cases itd be more efficient

Leveling is just a time sink, so who cares

User Info: Zeromous375

Zeromous375
1 month ago#4
I think my trust party is already at 77. Sad thing is sometimes they ARE faster than DF, the healers actually do something in between healing instead of watching netflix
Smash ultimate Online name: Silent with Soma Cruz. Looking for a main

User Info: Ichigo_Uchiha

Ichigo_Uchiha
1 month ago#5
I’d be perfectly fine with Trusts. I played “solo” for about 2 years, Trusts would make it more like a traditional FF to me. Now if we could mix & match Trusts with a party - like say I’m a tank and my friend is a healer, and we could bring along Trusts as DPS, or we’re DPS and get Trust healer and tank, would be even better.
"The world ends with you [...] push out your horizons as far as they'll go."
3DS FC: 0834-5637-0141 Moon IGN: Snow

User Info: Dethuli

Dethuli
1 month ago#6
This isn't supposed to be a traditional Final Fantasy, it's supposed to be a Massive Multiplayer Online Final Fantasy.

If you're playing an MMO and expect to solo everything, why even play an MMO?
Got a minute? You might learn something.

User Info: Slugbar

Slugbar
1 month ago#7
Dethuli posted...

Sheer amount of content.

User Info: Ichigo_Uchiha

Ichigo_Uchiha
1 month ago#8
Dethuli posted...
This isn't supposed to be a traditional Final Fantasy, it's supposed to be a Massive Multiplayer Online Final Fantasy.

I don’t expect to solo everything, but take a look at the massive amount of content you can do - and some you are expected to do - solo.

Slugbar posted...
Sheer amount of content.

What he said^ Much of the content can be done solo - even the ones that can’t be completed solo, replace other players with Trusts and what changes? People hardly interact in DFs unless it’s to crack a joke, make a comment on someone’s name or call them “trash” because they’re not doing XYZ right even if it’s their first time. There’s the occasional time where someone might actually be trying to help out, and maybe it’ll lead into a conversation, but not often.

The most social interaction I’ve seen in the game is when people are idle or running Castrum/Prae, when there’s nothing else to do but try to make conversation. Forced* content like Eureka (*for those who wanted their AF3 gear complete*) will make people talk because it actually requires working together if you don’t wanna risk losing experience. If it weren’t for the AF gear and pseudo-FFXI mechanics, it would’ve been DOA, much like Diadem was until people brought it back because it was a quicker grind for that specific mount than the moogle tomestones.

Don’t get me wrong, I love this game, but at least admit the community is far from the best. It’s also far from the worst, but if you’re not a social butterfly, you’re more likely to be met with silence when trying to start a conversation, or jerks who wanna rush through everything even when there’s a new person.
"The world ends with you [...] push out your horizons as far as they'll go."
3DS FC: 0834-5637-0141 Moon IGN: Snow

User Info: vivi21

vivi21
1 month ago#9
Yes, I'd love that and can't wait to see it happen even though it'll most likely be years from now. Maybe we'll even get to use them in trials someday.
It just isn't a Bethesda game if it doesn't corrupt my savefile.

User Info: Neridia

Neridia
1 month ago#10
Wonder if they will add in achievement in the future for getting trust to 80.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. So do people REALLY want trusts in the whole game now?
  • Topic Archived