• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
ryudo500 2 years ago#1
I KNOW I KNOW you all will say dont do that its bad, but for me its easiest and fun

if I want to do a MO macro for my scholar heals I would just go one by one to each ability and type this in right (replace cure with approriate ability name)

/micon "Cure"

/ac "Cure" <mo>

/ac "Cure" <t>

/ac "Cure" <me>

is that right?
squaresoft NEVER FORGET
LAKERS & SPURS
DetectiveZ 2 years ago#2
yikes
strifeprime 2 years ago#3
Yeh that's about your only option since Square won't fix their macros to actually work right or offer us addons like they promised. The UI in this game is just terrible.
ryudo500 2 years ago#4
strifeprime posted...
Yeh that's about your only option since Square won't fix their macros to actually work right or offer us addons like they promised. The UI in this game is just terrible.

you think its that bad?

it does suck we nee multiple lines for macros
squaresoft NEVER FORGET
LAKERS & SPURS
Pancake 2 years ago#5
so i loved mouseover macros in WoW. i laughed when healbot users couldn't raid, because they told me i couldn't raid without healbot.

i can't advocate using mouseover macros in this game because it would ever-so-slightly impinge your ability to spam heal in an 'oh s***'.

the argument could be made that maybe you get to targets that need it earlier and so there are less 'oh s***s'. but it's conceited to think you can avoid all of them.
https://i.imgur.com/u1wgDDH.gif
Jonexe 2 years ago#6
This will work for mouse over macros, however, be careful with them. If you're not completely accurate with your mouse over and don't have a target you'll hit yourself. Also, don't spam them. I've had issues where it jumps over the <mo> to the <me> when spamming. Lastly, be prepared to get a lot of red errors on the screen even though it seems to be working fine.
"My life is a chip in your pile... ante up!"
strifeprime 2 years ago#7
ryudo500 posted...
strifeprime posted...

you think its that bad?

it does suck we nee multiple lines for macros

Compared to its main competitor, WoW, yes it's really bad. They also don't queue, so you are less effective when using macros which is ridiculous.
chang3ling 2 years ago#8
If the <mo> worked when you were over their party list icon it would be magical, but it doesn't. You have to actually hover over their potentially-moving-in-opposite-directions character and hope you don't miss and hit someone else (or yourself if there's nobody there and you have no target).
~Tend to that filth, and I'll tend to mine.
chang3ling 2 years ago#9
Jonexe posted...
Lastly, be prepared to get a lot of red errors on the screen even though it seems to be working fine.

There are options to mute those.
~Tend to that filth, and I'll tend to mine.
Pancake 2 years ago#10
If the <mo> worked when you were over their party list icon it would be magical, but it doesn't.

i thought it did, but it was forever ago when i checked. i remember something wonky about it, like it still had to 'click' the frame first or something.
https://i.imgur.com/u1wgDDH.gif
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A