• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. More healing spells for red mage?

User Info: el_tercer_poder

el_tercer_poder
4 weeks ago#21
Kumra1 posted...
Rdm is fine the way it is. A fine dps class that provides secondary party support.

If anything rework that terrible binding spell rdm has into something that is useful.

Tether has its uses (as niche as they are).
That said, they could do something similar to SMN's Tri-Bind and "improve" it under certain conditions.
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)

User Info: Kumra1

Kumra1
4 weeks ago#22
el_tercer_poder posted...
Kumra1 posted...
Rdm is fine the way it is. A fine dps class that provides secondary party support.

If anything rework that terrible binding spell rdm has into something that is useful.

Tether has its uses (as niche as they are).
That said, they could do something similar to SMN's Tri-Bind and "improve" it under certain conditions.

Giving rdm a dot added to it would be nice. Adding some kind of enhanced proc would be great.
PSN: Nazara_Usena Official CaC of the DB: Xenoverse 2 Board.
https://www.twitch.tv/nazara_usena

User Info: Pegeta

Pegeta
4 weeks ago#23
RDM is guaranteed vercure 2 in ShB

User Info: FirazaMagePlus

FirazaMagePlus
4 weeks ago#24
Pegeta posted...
RDM is guaranteed vercure 2 in ShB

Source?

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
4 weeks ago#25
No. I get rdm is a hybrid in other games but in xiv it's a dps with some utility, not a hybrid.

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
4 weeks ago#26
I'd rather have another team wide utility spell tbh.

User Info: Hohei

Hohei
4 weeks ago#27
I just wish it had more melee potential then just "wait till bar is semi-full/full, dash in, combo, dash out, resume ranged casting".

Always imagined them as more spellblades than casters but hey that's XIV's iteration so that's what we have. At least we aren't refresh bots with not much else to do like in XI.
Biscuits and gravy.

User Info: BahamutBBob

BahamutBBob
4 weeks ago#28
As a Red Mage main, no, I don't think we need anything else. We have enough to say "s*** the healer died!", get them back up, and keep the tank up while they're recovering.

My main concern is, if the job is in a good spot, do they really need to add more abilities just to needlessly complicate it? I mained BLM in ARR, skipped HW for monetary reasons, and when I got back in at the beginning of SB, I couldn't do BLM anymore. I've seen people say Monk gets pretty much nothing worthwhile after level 50, as well.

SuperZay posted...
Seraphor posted...
RDM is dps, those are merely party/support utility, it has no 'healing role' whatsoever.

Then you have never played red mages in other games.

We're not talking about other games, that are singleplayer. We're talking about an MMO that doesn't have hybrid clases. Each class has a defined role. Red Mage is ranged DPS.
XBL / PSN / Steam / NNID: BahamutBBob
3DS: 2320 - 6245 - 8788

User Info: quest64freak

quest64freak
4 weeks ago#29
Hohei posted...
I just wish it had more melee potential then just "wait till bar is semi-full/full, dash in, combo, dash out, resume ranged casting".

Always imagined them as more spellblades than casters but hey that's XIV's iteration so that's what we have. At least we aren't refresh bots with not much else to do like in XI.

If Red Mage spent a considerable amount of time in melee range they'd either be dropped for Summoner as the progression crutch or the only melee anyone would bring along would be a Dragoon due to limited space for mechanics. There's a reason why triple melee comps are rarely manageable at an optimal level.

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
4 weeks ago#30
I think the melee combo is a good representation currently. Red mage was always one part black mage, one part white mage, one part fighter more or less. So it makes sense that we'd spend more time casting than we would in melee, and the melee combo is a satisfying part of the rotation.

The only thing I can think of is to maybe give a long cast aoe spell or two for aoe, either a slower stronger version of scatter to use dual casts on during aoe with neutral mana gains or making verBlizzard/VerWater for that role. Though since the use of aoe finisher doesn't want a slightly off balance mana bar like the ST rotation does, probably better to make it just one spell.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. More healing spells for red mage?
  • Topic Archived