You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Most toxic group I ever met in Duty Finder

User Info: Pegeta

Pegeta
1 week ago#1
So here I am doing my daily Expert as WAR and I get "The Ghimlyt Dark" as the instance.

I get grouped up with an AST, a SAM, a BLM. The run starts out with the AST saying "I am new to healing just so you know and I main tank".

So I didn't say anything and just did my job as usual I didn't say anything until the first death. I noticed on every pull I am almost down to 20% HP although I am at about I390 so I start to watch the healer.....no stance, only bothers to throw out ED when I drop below 30% HP. meanwhile his friends are standing in AOE's and blaming me saying I am not holding aggro....

So the SAM spends more time on his back then a hooker on 79th street and somehow this is my fault. Meanwhile the BLM dies to every boss mech there is, while all this is happening I am bouncing between stances doing as much damage as I can while going back to tank stance to heal myself and even use potions. Once again I almost die, the Sam who has more deaths by now then "Tree" from "Happy Death Day" once again gets mad at me for him dying.

You know that Iron Giant boss that spins as a Mechanic and the game tells you what direction to move? Well this moron stood in the middle and manage to follow the blade to die in 3 hits and once again blames me....I didn't bother to reply to this guy, I was more concerned with the AST who STILL was NOT using a stance this late in the duty.

long story short we get to the final boss of the duty and the healer flat out lets me die with 100% MP talks s*** calls me bad saying "tanks don't go into DPS stance you are a scrub". After the wipe they consider abusing vote kick on me......in party chat where I can see it but I start combat by pulling the boss. So because of how overwhelmingly ignorant and toxic this group is I completely change my routine and stay mostly in tank stance to heal myself. The Same dies for the XX time and the healer is only concerned with supporting his terrible friend who can barely push buttons. Once I died The healer kept me there, talked s*** and his friend called me f***ing trash, nevermind I had 2.5x his total damage the entire duty.

F bombs and everything was dropped when the duty was finally over. The healer even said the SAM who has died in the double digits was more important to rez then the tank he refused to heal the entire duty.

When all this was said and done I left the longest most detailed report I ever report in a FF report, I was truly amazed at the ignorance, the "friendship" and stupidity of the player base in this one instance. I never once been called bad for being a tank in DPS stance 98% of the duty. There is no question, these a******s had to be boosted HoH refugees if they are indeed that clueless of the game and how things work.

User Info: FirazaMagePlus

FirazaMagePlus
1 week ago#2
https://youtu.be/A8q8PXoJwVk

User Info: InfestedAdam

InfestedAdam
1 week ago#3
FirazaMagePlus posted...

Sometime folks just need to vent. I've had my moments in Dark Souls duels. Sometimes just typing out the rant helps one calms down.
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"

Pegeta
1 week ago#4
InfestedAdam posted...
FirazaMagePlus posted...

Sometime folks just need to vent. I've had my moments in Dark Souls duels. Sometimes just typing out the rant helps one calms down.

Its ok I ignored that troll just like all his other alts. I bet his daddy wishes he could do that.

User Info: Anna-Lemouri

Anna-Lemouri
1 week ago#5
21 jump street, or hill street blues, things that make ya go hmm.
ID:sls320
FFxiv Ultros Malboro Famfrit, Tales of Vesperia Definitive Addition, Toudiken 2 Anna Lemouri.

User Info: drcossack

drcossack
1 week ago#6
Pegeta posted...
I get grouped up with an AST, a SAM, a BLM. The run starts out with the AST saying "I am new to healing just so you know and I main tank".

New to healing, but is in a level 70 dungeon? Umm, oooooooook then. Guaranteed all 3 used job jump and story skip too.

I mean, I shouldn't judge too harshly on the HoH leveling, since I do that as well, but it's all on jobs I know I'm never going to use for endgame content. Or I'll have someone teach me how to do endgame stuff with the job, since I know people that are willing to do so, as long as you ask them.
Go Phillies!

User Info: SlicingWind

SlicingWind
1 week ago#7
Usually report gets them rekt
PSN - SlicingWind

User Info: dragonkyn20

dragonkyn20
1 week ago#8
In situations like this, petty shirk is your friend.
PSN: dragonkyn20; FFXIV Lamia: Kairo Fujima
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1959052/

Pegeta
1 week ago#9
dragonkyn20 posted...
In situations like this, petty shirk is your friend.

How effective is that....

User Info: Lansfield

Lansfield
1 week ago#10
Eh I would have left
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Most toxic group I ever met in Duty Finder