• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. i am not very good at this game (last GLA quest)

User Info: dankmana

dankmana
1 month ago#1
What am I missing here? I kept getting stompt at the MSQ after joining a GC, go to Ul'dah and buy level 30 gear, and then attempt this GLA quest where you grab the items in Southern Thanalan. I get overwhelmed and outnumbered so quick it feels like Im playing the game wrong. Pls help.

dankmana
1 month ago#2
quest is called "the rematch"

User Info: Anacrusys

Anacrusys
1 month ago#3
I’ve never played GLA, but anytime I had trouble with a job quest I searched you tube and found a video that helped me get it done.
Kill the King....the King is Dead....Long Live the King....I am the King....Dave Mustaine

User Info: Ultima_Weapon33

Ultima_Weapon33
1 month ago#4
Press your buttons as soon as you can.

After you lose it should give you echo buff so you get a stat increase the subsequent times.
A true hero never wavers. My place is at the top.
Bring me a real challenge. CHA

dankmana
1 month ago#5
Anacrusys posted...
I’ve never played GLA, but anytime I had trouble with a job quest I searched you tube and found a video that helped me get it done.

just did that actually. cheers

User Info: GodsPoison

GodsPoison
1 month ago#6
I remember that quest being a pain as well with the sheer number of enemies coming at you all at one time. Go for the enemy mages and archers first, and keep some potions on your hotbar cause you cant rely on the NPC healers all the time.

User Info: Zarren364

Zarren364
1 month ago#7
I think I remember that one being a pain, my only advice is to clear out any non-quest mobs before interacting with the items in question. That way you only have to deal with the mobs that spawn after you touch the items and don't face pull the rest. Also not gonna lie, the fight after that was worse.
I am the Anti-troll. Your poll needs a bacon option.
GLAD GANG l SSS l No.XII l OPBC-Wargle I R - Zarren

User Info: ArtiRock

ArtiRock
1 month ago#8
Zarren364 posted...
I think I remember that one being a pain, my only advice is to clear out any non-quest mobs before interacting with the items in question. That way you only have to deal with the mobs that spawn after you touch the items and don't face pull the rest. Also not gonna lie, the fight after that was worse.

Yeah, you also may need mitigation for the fights too.
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.

User Info: Isilia

Isilia
1 month ago#9
I'm not 100% in remembering the fight (did it so many years ago), but a general rule for instanced content is to single out any healers/mages first, any other dps second, and tanks last. There will be exceptions, but it works for most instances.

No need to hold back on defensive cooldowns like rampart or offensive ones like fight or flight. Use them as they come up. Use the latter to smash down those mages quick.
http://i.imgur.com/JFYhdtk.gif | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2937700/

dankmana
1 month ago#10
Thanks for the tips all
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. i am not very good at this game (last GLA quest)
  • Topic Archived