• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Alright, how do I improve at this game?

User Info: Pancake

Pancake
1 month ago#21
one thing i think is understated in terms of importance is how comfortable your keybinds and UI are to you. if anything can make a person feel like there's too much going on during a fight, it's having to look around.

i personally bind my keys to a theme: ctrl+ a-f are defensive cooldowns, and shift+a-f are offensive; shift+space is always some sort of AoE ability or something that relates to positioning. shift+w is usually my highest-priority ability (fire 3 in this case) and ctrl+w is always my interrupt, reason being: w is an easy key to find for me.

it's a stated goal of games like this to be able to do your rotation without looking, and i think a big part of that is having binds that make sense internally.
https://i.imgtc.com/wKgp7al.gif

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
1 month ago#22
That dungeon is very easy so you shouldn't really be dying there. But BLM is very stationary. Try a melee class or BRD/MCH, since those 2 can move around at all times. Or just learn to dodge aoes right away instead of standing in them, waiting for your cast to finish. This is something that gets healers killed as well regularly. Those that haven't learned this yet.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Alright, how do I improve at this game?
  • Topic Archived