• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. What if they implemented something like logograms for ex or savage content?

User Info: darkphoenix181

darkphoenix181
1 month ago#1
I was going to say for the mains story, but then I realized that casual players wouldn't be bothered to use such things correctly.

But say, for next savage tiers, you can choose a special setup and the fight is designed to consider that.

So it no longer is just memorization and reflex, but a little rpg compositioning too.

They don't have to be a purchsed consumable, could just be free in the system.
"Yeah that's messed up" - MrK3V

User Info: Kaiganeer

Kaiganeer
1 month ago#2
people would math out the optimal setup and you'd be shunned or ridiculed for going against the hivemind in a PUG setting

static groups would meme around with them for a bit, but ultimately it wouldn't change anything

User Info: SlicingWind

SlicingWind
1 month ago#3
Honestly I think it only works in main story/casual content where you have to "make use of what you have", whee you pick up random logograms and continually upgrade with rare/stronger ones as you progress through a dungeon. Like if the next iteration of HoH/PoTD used it it would be a huge success.

It doesn't work in Savage cuz yeah people would just use the best one and 30+ of the logos actions are just literally wasted. The same is happening in the current eureka, you really only use maybe 3-5 of the 50 logos actions, with another 5 ish being situationally useful.
PSN - SlicingWind
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. What if they implemented something like logograms for ex or savage content?
  • Topic Archived