• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. How many expansion this game is gonna have?

User Info: RedLotusX

RedLotusX
2 weeks ago#1
Everquest has like 22 expansion and it is still going, not that Square would go that far.

User Info: el_tercer_poder

el_tercer_poder
2 weeks ago#2
To compare:
FF11 had 5 expansions + various "add-on scenarios".
FF14 currently has 2 expansions, with an upcoming one being released next year.

Also, previous interviews stated that they had planned up to 6.0 (at the time said interviews were conducted), and that the end of the Ascian arc would not be the end of FF14 as a whole (new threats, possibly?).

So I'd say still a fair bit. Not on the level of Everquest, though.
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)

User Info: InfestedAdam

InfestedAdam
2 weeks ago#3
Hopefully as long as possible until we take on Zodiark him/itself. At which point I hope we find out that Hydaelyn is not as good as we think and without Zodiark to keep her/it in check, we now need to defeat Hydaelyn as well.
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"

User Info: iCurious

iCurious
2 weeks ago#4
InfestedAdam posted...
Hopefully as long as possible until we take on Zodiark him/itself. At which point I hope we find out that Hydaelyn is not as good as we think and without Zodiark to keep her/it in check, we now need to defeat Hydaelyn as well.

Wouldn't that outcome be decidedly predictable and thus undesirable, seeing as you're already half expecting it.
"Curiosity was framed. Ignorance killed the cat."

User Info: InfestedAdam

InfestedAdam
2 weeks ago#5
iCurious posted...
and thus undesirable

Not really. It took us about 14 years and several expansions before we took out Sargeras in World of Warcraft and even then it wasn't us players directly doing it. I'd imagine many of us figure it was going to happen eventually and was just a matter of how and when. As cliche as it sounds it's the journey, not the destination, that matters.
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"

User Info: thanthen

thanthen
2 weeks ago#6
EverQuest recent expansions are more the size of content patches than actual expansions. Furthermore they have like one 8 boss raid per expansion, per year. One of the reasons I jumped ship years ago was because of insane content drought.
I'm addicted to wiggling my fingers really really fast, video games are just a cover.
https://imgur.com/gallery/3hLQC8f

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
2 weeks ago#7
InfestedAdam posted...

That's a good call to be honest.

Personally I think this game is gonna last for a while yet (certainly over the ps5 era)
Fun and friendly FF14 discord - https://discord.gg/jFccu6k - Feel free to join

User Info: FoxyAreku

FoxyAreku
2 weeks ago#8
Like every other MMO, until people stop playing.
"How do you forget about windrun as windrunner?!"

User Info: Broken_Fox

Broken_Fox
2 weeks ago#9
At least one more proper expansion after Shadowbringers I'd say

User Info: spike_spiegel

spike_spiegel
2 weeks ago#10
Yoshida said they had a 10 year road map planned for the game. So if we go by what we have now starting from ARR.

Base game: Year 0: ARR
Expansion1: Year 2: HW
Expansion2: Year 4: SB
Expansion4: Year 6: Shadow Bringers
Expansion5: Year 8: xx
Expansion6: Year 10: xx
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. How many expansion this game is gonna have?
  • Topic Archived