Why is Sacred Soils description so needlessly complicated?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Why is Sacred Soils description so needlessly complicated?

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
6 days ago#1
Creates a designated area in which party members will only suffer 90% of all damage inflicted.

Just say it's a 10% f***ing damage decrease. Why all the excess wording?
You think that's bad?
Check Lucid Dreaming's additional effect.
No explanation as to what "Refresh" is/does for newbies.
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)

User Info: Squidkids

Squidkids
6 days ago#3
SE in ffxiv has translation issues since...

el_tercer_poder posted...
You think that's bad?
Check Lucid Dreaming's additional effect.
No explanation as to what "Refresh" is/does for newbies.

lol ya, coming from ffxi, it is just second nature to know refresh = mp recovery per x amount of seconds. They take it for granted every one has some kind of experience in gaming. As I said in a different thread I have met people in ffxiv that was new to gaming as a whole so the def exist.
Be a team player, guard those super jump rings. See a team member inking a wall to swim up on? ink with them. Ink your foes into ash. http://tinyurl.com/z7hbzrr
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
6 days ago#4
Things were a lot worse in 2.0, but yeah I agree with TC they don't make it easy sometimes
Fun and friendly FF14 discord - https://discord.gg/Kq3W7wv - Feel free to join

User Info: E2I_GOD

E2I_GOD
6 days ago#5
i started playing this when it came out, it is at the time not friendly to people whose first MMO is this game. When i started playing as a lol drg, i had no idea why people were yelling at me to not go ahead, i had never heard of a "tank" before or what aggro/enmity is. It assumed that you already know.
Had to google a lot of stuff to understand wtf the game meant.

User Info: Broken_Fox

Broken_Fox
6 days ago#6
“Why is <blank> so needlessly complicated?” is the tagline of FF MMOs

User Info: Shadygrove

Shadygrove
6 days ago#7
Broken_Fox posted...
“Why is <blank> so needlessly complicated?” is the tagline of FF MMOs

Not just FF.
There are only two things that may be infinite. The universe and human stupidity. I am not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

User Info: Alessar

Alessar
6 days ago#8
It's the same thing with the Ninjitsu, Suiton. Suiton deals water damage and grants the caster the status effect of Suiton. Suiton = ????

Apparently it's too hard to say Suiton deals water damage and grants the caster the ability to use Sneak Attack without being hidden.

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
5 days ago#9
Alessar posted...
It's the same thing with the Ninjitsu, Suiton. Suiton deals water damage and grants the caster the status effect of Suiton. Suiton = ????

Apparently it's too hard to say Suiton deals water damage and grants the caster the ability to use Sneak Attack without being hidden.

I still see Ninjas in the 60+ level rous and 70 dungeons not ever using suiton and trick attack.

User Info: Broken_Fox

Broken_Fox
5 days ago#10
ThePCElitist posted...
Alessar posted...

I still see Ninjas in the 60+ level rous and 70 dungeons not ever using suiton and trick attack.

Single target Doton, baby
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Why is Sacred Soils description so needlessly complicated?