You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. FFXIV X FFXV collaboration next month

User Info: didierre

didierre
1 week ago#1
Possibly a new Trial which rewards Royal Arms weapons. Fingers crossed that it also rewards you The Mystic armor set:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/9/9e/Somnus%2C_the_Mystic_Artwork.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20180401145929

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/9v6y55/ffxv_x_ffxiv_crossover_event_confirmed_coming_in/

Also Hajime Tabata got fired, FFXV will only have the Ardyn DLC for March 2019. Looks like SE really go with the banhammer if you make them lose money (30 millions loss), Yoshida better be careful there.
(edited 1 week ago)
didierre posted...
Also Hajime Tabata got fired, FFXV will only have the Ardyn DLC for March 2019. Looks like SE really go with the banhammer if you make them lose money (30 millions loss), Yoshida better be careful there.

The word they used was "resigned" (apparently he left to make his own company).
Still, such a disappointment...I guess we can finally put this whole Fabula Nova Crystallis train-wreck to rest.
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Squidkids

Squidkids
1 week ago#3
el_tercer_poder posted...
didierre posted...

Still, such a disappointment...I guess we can finally put this whole Fabula Nova Crystallis train-wreck to rest.

most likely fired though
Be a team player, guard those super jump rings. See a team member inking a wall to swim up on? ink with them. Ink your foes into ash. http://tinyurl.com/z7hbzrr

User Info: didierre

didierre
1 week ago#4
Squidkids posted...
didierre posted...

most likely fired though

He was indeed fired, resigned is just a softer word for the medias, he made them lose 30 millions of cash because he was making his own new IP in his studio instead of the Season Pass 2 DLCs (Aranea, Lunafreya, Noctis), turns out it was s*** and they fired him.

I can totally see Yoshida making Final Fantasy games now instead of Nomura and Tabata, I know that he's technically "done" with FFXIV when 6.0 comes out.
(edited 1 week ago)

Squidkids
1 week ago#5
didierre posted...
Squidkids posted...
didierre posted...

most likely fired though

He was indeed fired, resigned is just a softer word for the medias, he made them lose 30 millions of cash because he was making his own new IP in his studio instead of the Season Pass 2 DLCs (Aranea, Lunafreya, Noctis), turns out it was s*** and they fired him.

I can totally see Yoshida making Final Fantasy games now instead of Nomura and Tabata, I know that he's technically "done" with FFXIV when 6.0 comes out.

its a bit more then that, basically it goes like this:
Hey we are going to fire you so make it easier on everyone and your rep to say you quit on your own accord.
the "resigning person" : ok

as the meme goes, want it the easy way or hard way? end result be the same
Be a team player, guard those super jump rings. See a team member inking a wall to swim up on? ink with them. Ink your foes into ash. http://tinyurl.com/z7hbzrr

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
1 week ago#6
Tabata wasn't fired. He found out Luminous lost $33 million or something (including DLC), so I think he made his own decision by resigning and leaving SE. That's what it faulted him. Not what it fired him.
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: darkphoenix181

darkphoenix181
1 week ago#7
didierre posted...

Hopefully he makes them like the older ones. Since FFXIV is loaded with nostalgia, I tend to think Yoshida making a new FF game would want to make it like the ps days.
chill02 to me: you are beautiful

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
1 week ago#8
didierre posted...
I know that he's technically "done" with FFXIV when 6.0 comes out.

Huh?
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

Squidkids
1 week ago#9
MMX377 posted...
Tabata wasn't fired. He found out Luminous lost $33 million or something (including DLC), so I think he made his own decision by resigning and leaving SE. That's what it faulted him. Not what it fired him.

i explained how cooperate talk works.
he was fired, very very very rarely people leave high end positions without outside convincing. It is just easier to tell someone, hey please resign or we will take the ungodly process of firing you. to "fire" a high position takes a lot more then doing a trump. Another reason for it, very often it is out of respect for the person, it looks better of reputation to say i am leaving , then getting fired.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
1 week ago#10
didierre posted...
I know that he's technically "done" with FFXIV when 6.0 comes out.

*Facepalms* He's not gonna done yet.
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. FFXIV X FFXV collaboration next month