• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Is this game Solo-Player friendly?

User Info: Terron

Terron
3 years ago#1
I have no problem doing raids with a guild but when exploring, questing and farming on my own, can i do so alone or do i need to rely on a team to push me through?
I have currently no friends who are gonna play this game but have the urge to play it.
I used to play WoW years ago but as solo player, i had a lot of problems.
How about this game?

User Info: geckodogma

geckodogma
3 years ago#2
Open world content can be solo'd with the exception of boss FATEs, but the main story is full of 4-man/8-man instanced content.
My channel with random game videos https://goo.gl/G7wg15

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
3 years ago#3
Absolutely.

When you get to the point where you have to run dungeons to advance the story, the game will find a party for you when you queue for it.

And join a FC (guild). Make online friends. No one I know in real life wants to play an MMO either. That's just not their thing.
Gamefreak used CUT! It hurt itself in its confusion!

User Info: dragonkyn20

dragonkyn20
3 years ago#4
Dungeons, raids, and trials all require a party. But the open-world stuff like quests, crafting, and leveling can be done on your own for the most part.
PSN: dragonkyn20; FFXIV Mateus: Kairo Fujima
FFBE FC: 772,453,044

Terron
3 years ago#5
GRTooCool posted...
Absolutely.

When you get to the point where you have to run dungeons to advance the story, the game will find a party for you when you queue for it.

And join a FC (guild). Make online friends. No one I know in real life wants to play an MMO either. That's just not their thing.

I dont have a problem playing with people, i also heard about the raid finder which makes it easier to find groups, but problem is, if you are autistic like me, you have difficulties to socialice and back in WoW, people used to nitpick on me a lot when i was tank for every single mistake i did.

But who knows, maybe i have better chances here as a tank, how demanding is the role of a tank anyways here? And do raid bosses have attack patterns you have to watch out for in particular like in WoW? And how likely is it to search for a raid group in open chat?

Terron
3 years ago#6
dragonkyn20 posted...
Dungeons, raids, and trials all require a party. But the open-world stuff like quests, crafting, and leveling can be done on your own for the most part.

How about farming legendary weaponry or items like Pets, Mounts or anything similar to WoW stuff?
Could i do that solo too?

Terron
3 years ago#7
dragonkyn20 posted...

How about farming legendary weaponry or items like Pets, Mounts or anything similar to WoW stuff?

User Info: TheLastFireMage

TheLastFireMage
3 years ago#8
Terron posted...
dragonkyn20 posted...

Not happening for almost all of it sans older mounts amd items

Terron
3 years ago#9
TheLastFireMage posted...
Terron posted...
dragonkyn20 posted...

Not happening for almost all of it sans older mounts amd items

Can you farm them aside of doing Raids like through a long line of quests or farming money?
And how is loot destrebution in raids and dungeons, do i have to fear ninja looters or greedy group leaders?

Terron
3 years ago#10
What matters to me is that i can solo farm decent gear to get into raids, because thats the biggest problem before doing raids, decent gear,can you farm good gear to make raids on your own?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Is this game Solo-Player friendly?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A