I'm getting a little overwhelmed. . . Tips?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. I'm getting a little overwhelmed. . . Tips?

User Info: Emerald_Flash

Emerald_Flash
3 months ago#1
I just hit 50 on my gatherers and am leveling my crafters as well. However, there now seems to be a whole hell of a lot more going on, with scrips, a million vendors, collectables, and the right ways to go about them all. It's like I'm playing an entirely new game, and I just had to shut it down because these new mechanics are coming across as entirely unfun and unforgiving. It's all just kinda thrust upon you and I'm having trouble making sense of just what I should be doing in the chaos.

I love the Beast Tribes. I unlocked the Namazu today and have been working up my Ixal and Moogle rep. They're fun, straightforward, and it's rewarding to see the tribes work forward and develop their respective projects. But I feel like I'm missing out on most of the Hand/Land game now. I don't wish to be super competitive, only relevant, but even that is a daunting prospect with everything I feel I must do. I feel like all the guides I look thru conflict with each other or start off at points that don't make any sense. In short they just aren't beginner friendly, despite what most say, and I'm really not even a beginner.

I want to venture into these tasks, so simply not doing them isn't an option. But I feel the need for a starting point that just was never really given, unless I missed it. I'd really appreciate some guidance. Guidance that considers I've literally only done basic gathering and crafting up this point.
Official Latios of the Pokemon X/Y Boards.
Jacob, FC: 4270 - 4787 - 8159

User Info: Destin

Destin
3 months ago#2
for Crafters focus on doing Leves and Moogle Quests. don't need to bother with Crafting Collectables until you get to 60 and can do Custom Deliveries for Zhloe, NPCs will sell you very cheap mats to get XP and scrips.

not sure if you can start at 50 but for Gathering learn to do Collectables, buy Cordials with gil/GC Seals. if you can't reliably do any Collectable rotations yet just stick with Grand Company turn-ins.
Destin the Valiant

User Info: Azmodan514

Azmodan514
3 months ago#3
Here's a guide that might help you: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L1aDMxZOjhdmzsilToDvsrwqfcUOs6NKxhsCBa1IwVQ/mobilebasic

Emerald_Flash
3 months ago#4
Destin posted...
for Crafters focus on doing Leves and Moogle Quests. don't need to bother with Crafting Collectables until you get to 60 and can do Custom Deliveries for Zhloe, NPCs will sell you very cheap mats to get XP and scrips.

not sure if you can start at 50 but for Gathering learn to do Collectables, buy Cordials with gil/GC Seals. if you can't reliably do any Collectable rotations yet just stick with Grand Company turn-ins.

For crafting, do you mean for exp? Because I'm happy just leveling with leves xD Or do you get scrips from GC turn ins as well? Also yeah I tried the collectable rotations- well I tried to try them, and saw I don't have the recommended skills yet lmao. I assume I should just level til I get em?

I guess one of my main questions/concerns is this: If I just level all my classes to at or near 70, will it be easier to get into the finer points of crafting/gathering? Like I legitimately don't mind doing the leves, slow as they may be. At least they're relaible. And if they give me better footing to get into the real wide world of Hand and Land, all the better. Today was just a really weird day and everything got dumped on me at once and jeez it was just a hella lot to take in.

Emerald_Flash
3 months ago#5
Azmodan514 posted...
Here's a guide that might help you: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L1aDMxZOjhdmzsilToDvsrwqfcUOs6NKxhsCBa1IwVQ/mobilebasic

That looks nice. A lot to process but the pacing seems managable and the info concise. Thanks!

User Info: Destin

Destin
3 months ago#6
yes, just for leveling. you don't get scrips from GC turn-ins.

and yes, just level till you can do the Collectable rotations (you will get all the Gathering skills a lot faster than you can do the Crafting ones). the Gathering rotation is easier to manipulate too, like instead of getting 3 items for sure you can just tweak it a little bit and get 1 item.

once you're at 70, you can do the highest rank collectables with very cheap gear. and once you get there you can use scrips to get better gear or use scrips to trade for mats which can be used to make the best gear.
Destin the Valiant

User Info: Shadygrove

Shadygrove
3 months ago#7
Emerald_Flash posted...
I guess one of my main questions/concerns is this: If I just level all my classes to at or near 70, will it be easier to get into the finer points of crafting/gathering? Like I legitimately don't mind doing the leves, slow as they may be. At least they're relaible. And if they give me better footing to get into the real wide world of Hand and Land, all the better. Today was just a really weird day and everything got dumped on me at once and jeez it was just a hella lot to take in.

You want red scrip for the books, both crafting and gathering. The best gathering collectables are from the books, and at endgame the books are necessary. I only did crafting collectables to get the books, otherwise too much effort / expense for anything.
There are only two things that may be infinite. The universe and human stupidity. I am not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
3 months ago#8
You're just feeling overwhelmed because you put too much importance on it. Scrips are a great way to level the gatherers to lv70 and after that for buying gear and whatever else is available for them. For crafters the beast tribe quests are the way to go, at least from lv50 on. If that's too slow for you then I'd additionall work my way through the crafting list as crafting everything on there gives lots of exp now for the first time. Ignore the scrip system until you reach lv70, if you even want to bother with it then because you can easily gear out your classes through the custom deliveries. Or just by buying gear or crafting it yourself as many people seem to do.

Don't know what vendors you're referring to though. Those in Idyllshire offer stuff up to lv60 I think while those in Rhalgr's Reach and Tamamizu offer everything. Although there's another one selling the maps for gatherers in Rhalgr's reach, which I don't know why they chose to seperate it from the rest.

User Info: Delete_Monk

Delete_Monk
3 months ago#9
1. Think of collectables as an alternative to leves for levelling. They are worse, but infinitely available. You simply look what collectables are desired in your level range for that day, then hand them in to an appraiser.

2. Scrips are the currency you receive for handins for crafters/gatherers. This is largely an endgame endeavour (or moreso 60+) where you actually make decent amounts from scrips. For levelling, you can use what red scrips you earn (red scrips = 50-69 stuff, yellow scrips = 70 stuff) to but levelling manuals to help level up faster. Also worth buying are the books to unlock more recipes.

3. Collectable crafting is identical to normal crafting except you turn on collectable synthesis and quality changes to collectability. Get an item to the requisite collectability and there you go. 100% HQ will always hit the top tier of collectability.

Collectable fishing roughly correlates to getting a fish in HQ with the collectable ability toggled on. Only mining/botany have their own minigame for collecting, which will take some getting used to. Although it is worth learning some basic collectability rotations to start with and more advanced ones when you are 60+ and collectables are an outstanding way to level btn/min.

4. Don't worry at all about endgame crafting for now. It changes every couple of months and by far the most useful thing to do first is *get* everything to 70. Do not worry about anything else until that point. If at any point you want to make some money, just look up something in your level range you can easily HQ (e.g. Mythrite soon) then find something on the MB that sells regularly for a decent price and doesn't have a huge amount of sellers. E.g. Mythrite Claws @ 60k, sell every couple of days and no one else is selling on the MB right now. Make a list of similar items, make them, then sell them. No this isn't the best way to make money crafting, but it works anywhere from mid 50's-70.

5. Not sure about guides as I never really read any. If you need any help with crafting or gathering rotations, will be happy to answer. Rule of thumb though is just do whatever you can to get to 70 first. Roughly by order of priority to level up would be beast tribes > leves > daily handins > collectables > grinding > fill out crafting log. Although efficiency does vary slightly (leves are more efficient for crafters, collectables are excellent for 60-70 for btn/min/cul/alc etc.)

Then endgame you worry about yellow scrip to get entry endgame gear. Then you can worry about the expensive top-tier crafted stuff if you want (of course, having a rich friend accelerates the process).

You can actually completely avoid the finer points of crafting as well. I have manually crafted almost nothing ever since Stormblood hit, I just macro craft everything. I do know how everything works as I do make my own rotations in a simulator, but you can literally just copy and paste macros into your game and do everything without thinking.

User Info: Atzenkiller

Atzenkiller
3 months ago#10
You should also get one class to lv70 as soon as possible, contrary to the popular advice of leveling them all at the same time. Custom deliveries hand out tons of red and yellow scrips. You'd have to grind a lot to get to those amounts and you can only do 12 deliveries per week. So don't waste those basically free scrips. Try to take advantage of it as soon as you can.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. I'm getting a little overwhelmed. . . Tips?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived