• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. I like this game, but they do love to make you run, and run..

User Info: MadHead1988

MadHead1988
9 months ago#21
Firesplitter posted...
MadHead1988 posted...
I think people complain about these quests way too much.

It is not that bad.
It could be way worse.. Alot worse.

Which other MMO requires the player to do those quests for about 100 hours to unlock endgame though?

I see your point. Very few do this.

But most mmos that doesn't do this will have you spend 100's of hours grinding mobs and dungeons to even reach endgame.

With this game all you have to do is; read some text, view some cut-scenes, and they will throw gear/exp at you. This is probably the most hand holdy mmo in the market yet people still complain that they have to read a bunch of text.

User Info: Billysan

Billysan
9 months ago#22
MadHead1988 posted...
With this game all you have to do is; read some text, view some cut-scenes, and they will throw gear/exp at you. This is probably the most hand holdy mmo in the market yet people still complain that they have to read a bunch of text.

Pretty sure that's not the issue as you can just skip all the text especially for the ones that are clearly filler between the more interesting story bits involving the main cast.

It's running back and forth from place to place in the same area for extended periods that is the issue.
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/

User Info: Broken_Fox

Broken_Fox
9 months ago#23
IqarP15 posted...
Least its not WoW. Unless you have some kind of sprint or a shape shifter ppl had to wait till lvl 40 just for a ground mount. Least getting a mount in ff14 doesn't take as long.

At least you were actively doing things in the world instead of talking to a random NPC then sent to talk to another one again and again and again and again

User Info: JohnSpawn

JohnSpawn
9 months ago#24
Killing mobs for items is "actively doing things in the world" now?
if it's not playable, it isn't content. - strred
Namazu tribe = high level crafting - strred

User Info: strred

strred
9 months ago#25
it's level 20 now... 1 if you have enough heirlooms.

User Info: Terric

Terric
9 months ago#26
SigmaSlash posted...
Emerald_Flash posted...
Isilia posted...
Probably the most hated thing I have is going to some random npc for a one or two liner, then coming back immediately to complete the quest.

So I can feel you~

This. Also the Observatorium. Don't think I need to say any more. Especially since multiple NPCs make jokes about it.

I'm so glad I'm done with the Ixal and Levekits. Never going to Coerthas Central again if I can help it.

Coerthas was such a nightmare that I actually dreaded starting Heavensward due to its snowy premise - but then you get there and it’s like the prettiest areas ever
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. I like this game, but they do love to make you run, and run..
  • Topic Archived