• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. There Will Be Rathalos(Normal) and Rathalos(Extreme or Hard)

User Info: VFalcone

VFalcone
6 months ago#1
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l4C3yTzndJU

Its now confirmed. 8-man trial. She says "Hard" but she could mean "Extreme" so it's not known exactly which considering SE doesn't do Hard anymore. Just that there will be a hard version. We might get usable weapons and/or gear from this.

User Info: giglamesh99

giglamesh99
6 months ago#2
I'd imagine Odin trial difficulty

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
6 months ago#3
VFalcone posted...

Its now confirmed. 8-man trial. She says "Hard" but she could mean "Extreme" so it's not known exactly which considering SE doesn't do Hard anymore. Just that there will be a hard version. We might get usable weapons and/or gear from this.

usable gear is extremely unlikely and hard refers to normal for sure. they wont do extreme content for a casual event. the outcry from the baddies would be heard till japan otherwise.

usable weapon is unlikely as you cannot add any weapons in the current ilvl patch without them beeing already present. glamor gear like odin is much much more likely.

VFalcone
6 months ago#4
windklinge posted...
VFalcone posted...

usable gear is extremely unlikely and hard refers to normal for sure. they wont do extreme content for a casual event. the outcry from the baddies would be heard till japan otherwise.

usable weapon is unlikely as you cannot add any weapons in the current ilvl patch without them beeing already present. glamor gear like odin is much much more likely.

Did you watch the video before talking wind???

She clearly says "Normal version and a Hard version" and that Yoshida told her "Harder difficulty version will yield better rewards"

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
6 months ago#5
yes i heard that and harder in this case still means super easy dude. and you know that is whats gonna happen for sure. normal is even easier than normally.

this is definitly not gonna be on ex niveau. the only way they could make that happen is if they ex version is just a faster way to grind the rewards than normal. but they wont do exclusives for this at all as the outcry would be crazy for sure by all the players who are too bad for ex modes.

VFalcone
6 months ago#6
Just the fact alone that they are making a trial for an event is unprecedented in FFXIV. This is something they have never done before. All assumptions of what they "won't do" or "can't do" are off the table. We don't know what they will do.

I'm not expecting it to be hard like Shinryu EX but I think it'll be difficult.

User Info: Destin

Destin
6 months ago#7
a trial with an actual level requirement is new.

Yo-kai Watch had some crazy requirements to get some things so i won't be surprised if they're okay with gating some of the "better' items here either.

thinking that it will drop meaningful gear in terms of stats is delusional.
Destin the Valiant

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
6 months ago#8
I'll have Rathalos gears like I'm in MHW. But the main NM, HM, and EX? Are you sure Rathalos is not a Primal, but a Flying Wyvern (The King of Skies)?
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3

User Info: didierre

didierre
6 months ago#9
VFalcone posted...
Just the fact alone that they are making a trial for an event is unprecedented in FFXIV. This is something they have never done before. All assumptions of what they "won't do" or "can't do" are off the table. We don't know what they will do.

I'm not expecting it to be hard like Shinryu EX but I think it'll be difficult.

Same thing for MHW, this is the first time we're getting a new monster from a collab instead of a palette swap. Rejoice though, because you'll probably get Rathalos skins, maybe even the G rank sets which are sick looking and a mount.

User Info: Reinney

Reinney
6 months ago#10
Garo gear was part of the normal PVP gear progression. It has item levels. It was even used by PVE players to meet ILVL requirements.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. There Will Be Rathalos(Normal) and Rathalos(Extreme or Hard)
  • Topic Archived