are Red Mages content with the current state of affairs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. are Red Mages content with the current state of affairs?

User Info: Akagami_Shanks

Akagami_Shanks
3 months ago#1
They do the lowest damage and have less utility than other support DPS.

I see on reddit people say they're "essential" to duties lower than savage, but when you're just a rezz babysitter, is it really a job, or a easy way out of doing anything else?

I guess if they had any upkeep or a rotation harder than 1 2 3 we'd see complaints but I think al those job changes SE did pushed them ahead of RDM instead of closer together
http://i.imgur.com/MFTpPuq.jpg

User Info: Karstien

Karstien
3 months ago#2
I don't think they have too much to complain about. Sure, damage is low for a dps but the fast rezzes are very powerful in progressing savage content so they don't have a hard time finding a spot in a good midcore group.

They are valued in a way a samurai or a dark knight is not. Even once the prog is over your group will be happy with the work put in so your spot is pretty safe and you can even swap to smn or blm then to eke out more damage if you like.

User Info: mrsacky

mrsacky
3 months ago#3
How do you consider RDM a support DPS? It’s definitely not MCH or BRD nor was RDM ever thought of as a support. RDM definitely offer a solid amount of utility for prog but not much for current meta.

Anyways there place is find, mediocre DPS for a very low skill ceiling.

User Info: Akagami_Shanks

Akagami_Shanks
3 months ago#4
Their biggest tools are raising people. Seems pretty supportive to me. When the only reason people take you along is to raise dead people then what are you?
http://i.imgur.com/MFTpPuq.jpg

User Info: Dethuli

Dethuli
3 months ago#5
Akagami_Shanks posted...
Their biggest tools are raising people. Seems pretty supportive to me. When the only reason people take you along is to raise dead people then what are you?

Useful.
Got a minute? You might learn something.
Gandalf the Istari 3 months ago#6
No. And the fact that red mage is basically the only job that gets discussed in terms of its potential for the first week of a patch is bulls***.
Currently playing: DQ Heroes

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
3 months ago#7
Akagami_Shanks posted...

It's only few supportive: One buff for the party to burn and one support for reviving the party (Priority: Healer first and give him/her some amount of MP before he/she cast some heal spells. But while the healers are busying and casting a revive spell on few of the party members during a raid or trial, you can revive another fallen party member as well).
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3

User Info: GabranthXIV

GabranthXIV
3 months ago#8
Verraise is overrated. Most of the time when I go to raise someone - even if it's immediately after someone dies - a healer will do the same thing which means one of us wasted MP and a Swiftcast cooldown.

User Info: el_tercer_poder

el_tercer_poder
3 months ago#9
For the record (and if we consider healing as utility), this is what RDM has for "support".

From the job itself:
- Tether (lol...)
- Vercure
- Embolden
- Verraise

From role actions:
- Addle
- Break (lol...)
- Swiftcast
- Mana Shift
- Apocatastasis
- Erase (lol...)

So...there you go.
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)

User Info: AxeHunter82

AxeHunter82
3 months ago#10
I don’t like the red mages who want a melee spot for mechanics like ink or flagrant fire. b**** if you cared about your dps you’d be rolling a SMN
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. are Red Mages content with the current state of affairs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived