How would you feel about more fights that require use of certain LBs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. How would you feel about more fights that require use of certain LBs?

User Info: WOMANpukumaru

WOMANpukumaru
3 months ago#1
There are already fights where you have to use tank LB to survive some powerful attacks. What if that became more consistent and there were certain mechanics that require you to manage and use LB not just tank but the other ones maybe even at certain levels?
Because MANpukumaru is ALL WOMAN!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=32dKkBw8Dis

User Info: el_tercer_poder

el_tercer_poder
3 months ago#2
I wouldn't mind if there were a few more fights where using the Tank LB was vital in order to survive (given they're kind of unused otherwise).

But for Healer LB or DPS LB?
Nah, not really. These two have plenty of time in the "spotlight" already.
"Many of you feel bad for this lamp...That is because you're crazy.
It has no feelings! And the new one is much better." (IKEA's Lamp commercial)

User Info: Isilia

Isilia
3 months ago#3
I feel that healer and tank LB are getting more used more now than ever. I'm not saying it's the clear option over melee LB, but it's nice to see some damn variety.

Dungeons probably shouldn't require anything for obvious reasons. But having more trials that do it would be welcomed.

(Even though Byakko EX wasn't what they intended at all :p)
http://i.imgur.com/JFYhdtk.gif | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2937700/

User Info: brian 333

brian 333
3 months ago#4
Tank LB has always been featured. Sometimes it's forced by fight design like in T13 and A12S. Other times, it's considered "cheese" like in A8S or Byakko EX. In some rare situations like Garuda EX where someone kills the spiny (or whatever it's called), it's a mitigation tool.

Come it be used more? Maybe. I think it's fine as it is.

Healer LB is already used quite a bit during prog just to raise the party so that you can see more mechanics. Also, as the DPS checks loosen from more gear, the possibility that it can be used as a recovery tool also increases.

User Info: Delete_Monk

Delete_Monk
3 months ago#5
The problem with that is you have to limit it to fights with the restriction on double classes. Which is limited to savage/ultimate. You already see it used creatively in some cases (e.g. Byakko) without being mandatory.

UCoB was pretty good and basically required (although caster/ranged wasn't technically required) 3 types of LB's and there are cases where you would use healer LB3 during bahamut and use 4 different types of LB's across the fight.

User Info: Exiled_Tonberry

Exiled_Tonberry
3 months ago#6
I would like to see something like a mandatory healer LB honestly, something similar to mandatory tank LB in T13/A12.
Everyone's Grudge

User Info: game_wiz101

game_wiz101
3 months ago#7
Stupid question: how do you make a mandatory healer LB? Introduce a mechanic that kills every non-healer no matter what?
3DS FC: 1375-7722-0434
GT: SmokyJoMama, PSN: SmokyJoMama-sama

User Info: Broken_Fox

Broken_Fox
3 months ago#8
LBs should remain as an improv tool for players, not "we're gonna kill everybody here (except for you) so remember to use your LB, healers"

User Info: Zinie95

Zinie95
3 months ago#9
game_wiz101 posted...
Stupid question: how do you make a mandatory healer LB? Introduce a mechanic that kills every non-healer no matter what?

Yes

User Info: Delete_Monk

Delete_Monk
3 months ago#10
Mandatory healer LB has to be one of the most boring mechanics possible.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. How would you feel about more fights that require use of certain LBs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived