attn healers how do you feel when a pld uses clemency?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. attn healers how do you feel when a pld uses clemency?

User Info: Chemuraderie

Chemuraderie
9 months ago#41
Rowde posted...
I made a macro...

"I wouldn't have to do this is if you knew how to play your role! ~~ Clemency!!!"

Love it. Use it in Shinryu Ex and see if the healers get mad at you. lol
PSN:Xzotic123; 3DS:4270-1839-6523 Y/OR(Serif/Cauldron): Electrode, Pikachu, Zebstrika

User Info: Rowde

Rowde
9 months ago#42
I would if I didn't already want to punch myself in the face every time I saw other ppl doing macros. And I've resigned myself to the unfortunate reality that 1 out of every 3 summoners I get through DF are gonna have summoning macros with flavor text... so it's actually other jobs with them that annoy me more. Because it's unexpected! I thought I was safe and suddenly that Dragoon is doing the LB3 and a paragraph of words flurries into my chat log... blahblahblah Shining Spear!

Can't punch myself hard enough.

User Info: Tansumiya

Tansumiya
9 months ago#43
Only a healer with a fragile ego would get mad, lol - do you also get mad at a WAR who uses Steel Cyclone in a big mob pack?

User Info: magemaximus

magemaximus
9 months ago#44
What’s supposed to be the bad thing about a war using that? That’s their aoe attack right?
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~

User Info: Usho

Usho
9 months ago#45
Speaking as a player who has all 3 healers at 70 and PLD at 70, if you, as a healer, get triggered whenever a PLD heals themselves....you might want to stop being a healer right now.

As a healer, if I see a PLD using Clemency, that's good for me (especially if I'm on WHM) so I can proceed to holy spam trash mobs. As a pld myself, seeing a pld use clemency when I'm on a healer class, I totally understand since I do that too.

As a tank (PLD), The first half of a dungeon gives me enough time to figure out if the healer can handle what their job requires them to do. If the healer lets my HP drop to low (below 10k) I'm popping a Clemency. I don't trust most DF healers when I'm on PLD (probably because of drama or issues I've had with healers while grinding levels or grinding for my tank mount).

If I'm tanking with some FC buddies, then I won't really have to use Clemency as I already know they can keep me alive. With DF randoms...I don't take chances. If I dip to low, then I'll use Clemency, If the healer dies and I need to keep myself and the dps then I'll use Clemency.

I had to literally carry a bad healer in a expert roulette Ala Mhigo run cause the healer kept dying to easy mechanics during the final boss. Finished half the fight with no healer, and me pseudo-healing the pty and we won.

Oh...and if I use divine veil and i don't see a heal spell cast on me to activate the effect...guess what? I'll use Clemency on myself to activate it...myself.

In short, if you get triggered easily by seeing a tank do what your role regards you to do, then gtfo of the healing game and dps/tank instead. Bad Healers? Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.

/2 cents

User Info: Exiled_Tonberry

Exiled_Tonberry
9 months ago#46
Usho posted...
Oh...and if I use divine veil and i don't see a heal spell cast on me to activate the effect...guess what? I'll use Clemency on myself to activate it...myself.

Off topic, but...

If no healers proc your Divine Veil, you need to adjust your timing. I really don't want to have to waste a CD on you when I could be precasting an aoe heal or dpsing. It's best to time Divine V several seconds before we actually need it.
Everyone's Grudge

User Info: IqarP15

IqarP15
9 months ago#47
I heal myself when @ 1/2 HP or lower and mostly to get the most out of Spirits Within. For raids I prefer to not die to Crippling Blow or Rock Cutter.
"SPOILERS"... If ppl call me a douche bag I reply "Well at least I'm scoring!"

User Info: Usho

Usho
9 months ago#48
Exiled_Tonberry posted...
Usho posted...

Off topic, but...

If no healers proc your Divine Veil, you need to adjust your timing. I really don't want to have to waste a CD on you when I could be precasting an aoe heal or dpsing. It's best to time Divine V several seconds before we actually need it.

No they just need to know when to use their spell. I always cast Divine Veil when it's needed. You have no idea how many healers don't even know what Divine Veil even is or they are just too lazy sitting with their thumb up their ass doing nothing and or dps'ing into tunnel vision without taking a sec to do something simple as a cure spell.

So again, if I don't see a heal spell coming when I use Divine Veil, I'll be using Clemency myself to activate DV.

If I'm on one of my healers, and I see a PLD putting up Divine Veil, I always make a effort to use Cure to activate DV.

So no, I don't need to "adjust my timing". The healers just needs to git gud.

And also, Cure/Benefic/Physick doesn't take much effort to cast, hardly requires much adjusting and I wouldn't even classify it as a CD since they are back immediately after use. So your CD excuse doesn't really work here bro. Sorry.

/2 cents

Back on topic.

User Info: Valrien

Valrien
9 months ago#49
Usho posted...
Exiled_Tonberry posted...
Usho posted...

Off topic, but...

No they just need to know when to use their spell. I always cast Divine Veil when it's needed. You have no idea how many healers don't even know what Divine Veil even is or they are just too lazy sitting with their thumb up their ass doing nothing and or dps'ing into tunnel vision without taking a sec to do something simple as a cure spell.

So again, if I don't see a heal spell coming when I use Divine Veil, I'll be using Clemency myself to activate DV.

If I'm on one of my healers, and I see a PLD putting up Divine Veil, I always make a effort to use Cure to activate DV.

So no, I don't need to "adjust my timing". The healers just needs to git gud.

And also, Cure/Benefic/Physick doesn't take much effort to cast, hardly requires much adjusting and I wouldn't even classify it as a CD since they are back immediately after use. So your CD excuse doesn't really work here bro. Sorry.

/2 cents

Back on topic.

Healers plan their spells and cooldowns. Just like a tank or a DPS does.

If DV wasn't activated, it wasn't needed. If it's in a static, you can work out with your healer when it's best to activate it. If it's in a DF...oh well. What you are most likely doing Usho is overhealing, instead of planning your casts out like a good healing normally would. You should probably get more practice, honestly, and git gud

It only activates on spell healing btw (hardcasts), not abilities iirc.
FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/16737213/
GameFAQs FFXIV Discord: https://discord.gg/QxFjfEn

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
9 months ago#50
Valrien posted...
It only activates on spell healing btw (hardcasts), not abilities iirc

At this point you're not making any sense and are just arguing for the sake of arguing. Yes if Divine Veil wasn't activated it probably wasn't needed, but if it wasn't needed it probably wasn't put up in the first place. This is silly. Are you done?
Cutscenes are cheap. Games aren't movies.
Make me care about your game and then I'll care about the dramatisation of it.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. attn healers how do you feel when a pld uses clemency?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived