stop respecting the content

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SamEJIV

SamEJIV
10 months ago#51
Laplacia posted...
netflix healers
tanks that do small pulls

what are you, a p****?

i quit endgame to level up another job and the first thing i get are four dungeons with these in a row

Every dungeon I enter, I tell the tank to feel free to pull everything.
Why? Cause I'm not a bad healer. Cause I know what healers are capable of.

I used to Tank exclusively but realized many healers seem to dislike large pulls.
"Wah you're stressing me out! My mp! This is too tough man wtf!!?"
I'd sigh. But maybe it IS that tough. How could I know as someone that never personally dealt with any sort of endgame healing.

So I became a healer. I wanted to understand their struggle. Understand the role.
As I hit 70 and practiced & geared up I realized something:

A lot of these guys are just lazy af. Hardly using the job to it's potential.

Now I heal dungeons exclusively. I realized that out of all roles, being a great healer gives me greatest influence to ensure everyone has the opportunity to play at the top of their game. Hell I pvp feast heals so even if the tank isn't great, I'm used to multi-tasking heals.

What gets me are the tanks that don't want to large pull even with a healer that will back them up.
@_@
I'm working double shifts AND overtime... I gotta tell you man,, being the best is a FULL time job! PSN:SamEJIV

User Info: mistermikeymike

mistermikeymike
10 months ago#52
I f***ing love large pulls as a healer. If I'm spamming aoes it doesn't matter to me the size of the pull.
You are now posting in a
#mikeytopic

User Info: NoctisSiIentium

NoctisSiIentium
10 months ago#53
this whole f***ing thread gave me gout
i don't know what to put here

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
10 months ago#54
I gave up healing because I don't enjoy how tanks currently play.

I gave up tanking because I don't enjoy being pushed to play like other tanks.

I gave up melee because the tank is dodging aoes so often so it ruins positionals.

Now I just play RDM and Scatter mobs. I'll play bosses properly of course.

That said, I don't raid anymore. I enjoyed being WHM for almost 2 years, back when people did normal pulls and accidental big pulls felt like survival meant something. Year 3 has changed all that, now it's become a requirement to pull big or die trying, the only way I still enjoy the game as it is now is RDM. (Considering SMN and BLM for variety).

I don't blame people for doing big pulls if the game can handle it, just isn't fun for me to do that on every run.

User Info: DarkFalcon

DarkFalcon
10 months ago#55
Setzera posted...
Year 3 has changed all that, now it's become a requirement to pull big or die trying, the only way I still enjoy the game as it is now is RDM. (Considering SMN and BLM for variety).

I don't blame people for doing big pulls if the game can handle it, just isn't fun for me to do that on every run.

Yeah, I never understood why people are so dead set on doing mass pulls, when SE made it harder to do the kind of aoe damage we used to. (They even said why, and it has yet to even cross the mind of the meta...)

User Info: Darth_BadGuy

Darth_BadGuy
10 months ago#56
P5RSONA posted...
Ein_Soph posted...
I’m reading a bunch of slides on cardiomyopathy as I do baby pulls. You’re not getting more attention than that.

is that even engrish

Technically, it's greek.
What?You think you can take me on? What do you think this is, a lightbulb?

User Info: ziegfeld

ziegfeld
10 months ago#57
DarkFalcon posted...
Setzera posted...
Year 3 has changed all that, now it's become a requirement to pull big or die trying, the only way I still enjoy the game as it is now is RDM. (Considering SMN and BLM for variety).

Yeah, I never understood why people are so dead set on doing mass pulls, when SE made it harder to do the kind of aoe damage we used to. (They even said why, and it has yet to even cross the mind of the meta...)

Tell me what is faster, killing 8 mobs in one minute or 8 mobs in two

User Info: RedMageStarfire

RedMageStarfire
10 months ago#58
DarkFalcon posted...

Not really... they've been making buffs recently every time a job's AoE was considered subpar. NIN had bad AoE? Death Blossom buff. PLD had none at all? Have Total Eclipse! SMN and SCH got Bane nerfed into the ground? Well maybe that was a bit too harsh, here let us fix up Tri-Bind and Miasma 2 for you.

I don't know what they said specifically, but if they say one thing then continue buffing AoEs, everyone's just going to keep on doing what they were already doing.
FFRK RW: Sentinel Grimoire (eH3e)

User Info: Karstien

Karstien
10 months ago#59
Am I missing something?

In full 340 with a Genji weapon I still don't hit 341, is there something I'm just not getting here?

User Info: NoctisSiIentium

NoctisSiIentium
10 months ago#60
Karstien posted...
Am I missing something?

In full 340 with a Genji weapon I still don't hit 341, is there something I'm just not getting here?

yes. someone is either full of s*** or doesn't know how to count.

or just forgot their damn ilvl while trying to look impressive.
i don't know what to put here

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived