Any of you ever attended a Distant World performance?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Any of you ever attended a Distant World performance?

User Info: IceBawls

IceBawls
5 months ago#11
I saw one in Pittsburgh. Pretty good show.
i7 4790 | 16GB RAM | GTX 970 SSC

User Info: robster_2005

robster_2005
5 months ago#12
Sohma posted...
When I vent to the VGL concert, they had this act too and it was really great and hilarious. A really good flute player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLa1Eyf08Ew

She can play my flute anyday ;)
"That would explain how she died. It wasn't old age; she just roundhouse-kicked herself in the back of the head" - ShadowWraith666

User Info: TheCroix

TheCroix
5 months ago#13
Went to one in 2016. Very worth it.
GT / PSN: CyanChaos

User Info: TheCroix

TheCroix
5 months ago#14
IceBawls posted...
I saw one in Pittsburgh. Pretty good show.

We might’ve gone to the same one.
GT / PSN: CyanChaos

User Info: TruthAndJustice

TruthAndJustice
5 months ago#15
GabranthXIV posted...
I went to the London showing at the weekend. It was an incredible experience and if you're a fan of Final Fantasy - and fond of the music - then I'd definitely recommend going. I plan to go again next time it's somewhere in the UK. They performed the full version of the opera from FF6 which was absolutely amazing.

I was there, was amazing. Crowd (and myself) need to step up on our chanting "Sepiroth" game, though.

User Info: GabranthXIV

GabranthXIV
5 months ago#16
TruthAndJustice posted...
GabranthXIV posted...
I went to the London showing at the weekend. It was an incredible experience and if you're a fan of Final Fantasy - and fond of the music - then I'd definitely recommend going. I plan to go again next time it's somewhere in the UK. They performed the full version of the opera from FF6 which was absolutely amazing.

I was there, was amazing. Crowd (and myself) need to step up on our chanting "Sepiroth" game, though.

Where were you sitting? I was up in one of the Grand Tiers and nobody in my booth was doing it so I ended up not doing it either. >_>

User Info: TruthAndJustice

TruthAndJustice
5 months ago#17
I was sat on the stalls to the left of the stage, was actually quite close to where Nobou was sitting.

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
5 months ago#18
Oooh. I'm definitely going to have to attend this one.

The only one I attended was the Pokemon Symphony in the same Microsoft Theater (previously Nokia Theater) last year during E3 weekend.
If you make an intelligent post, people tend to ignore it because they only respond to stupid. Don't believe me? Just look at most of the chained replies.

User Info: InfestedAdam

InfestedAdam
5 months ago#19
Sohma posted...
When I vent to the VGL concert, they had this act too and it was really great and hilarious. A really good flute player.

That is really neat. Thank you for sharing that video.
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"

User Info: Sand_Coffin

Sand_Coffin
5 months ago#20
I have, I've also attended a few Video Games Live concerts. They were all great, aside from getting sick of hearing the same songs all the time. Like One winged Angel again? Oh goody.

My biggest gripes however, with Distant Worlds, was first, the concert was split into two halves and you had to pay full price to attend each half separately. So basically you had to buy two tickets per person. 4 tickets for 2 people, etc...

Secondly, The Distant Worlds concert I attended had Uematsu there, and a meet and greet with him cost as much as one of the tickets, which were expensive enough already. So it came down to seeing the second half of the concert or meeting Uematsu.

And lastly, they got the audience pumped up that Uematsu was going to play the keyboard in one of the performances. Awesome right? NO. This was back in 2011 so its been a while, but I believe they played Dark World from 6, and they keyboard part just had Uematsu lazily hitting like the same 3 keys over and over with one hand. It was so disappointing. I do appreciate that he did anything at all but I was seriously let down.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Any of you ever attended a Distant World performance?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived