• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: antoinejones

antoinejones
4 years ago#1
Is it Str > Direct hit > crit > det

or something else?
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.

User Info: Laplacia

Laplacia
4 years ago#2
skill speed to taste > direct hit > det > crit

str is a given and there's nothing you can do about main stats without straight up upgrading gear

User Info: Delete_Monk

Delete_Monk
4 years ago#3
Originally samurai were running lots of skill speed which made it dhit > crit > det.

Lots of samurai are now running max crit builds (with no skill speed) where its crit > dhit > det. I'm not sure whether this is overall better or not, I imagine its very close with the crit build slightly better at BiS.

Str is obviously top priority regardless, but you won't be melding that.

User Info: antoinejones

antoinejones
4 years ago#4
well I wa told det is better than dhit (at least on other jobs) as teh damage utput is higher with dhit than det so det would never come over dhit... is sam different?
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.

User Info: Crim-V

Crim-V
4 years ago#5
Lots of Samurai are running max crit because they're all getting closer to full BiS, which didn't have much Skill Speed to begin with.

The only piece you get any SS on is the Augmented Allagan Ring, the rest should be full Dhit/Crit/Det.

I feel like the people who've tried justifying SS on SAM to me have either been a MNK main who kept SAM in their favor, or vise versa and all their gear is just specced for their MNK, since SS is pretty vital for MNK. If you're going to play both jobs, no SS hurts MNK far more than the reverse build would hurt SAM.

User Info: Laplacia

Laplacia
4 years ago#6
faster attacks = more kinky generation = more damage and more fun
also RNG procs suck
there's still a limit to this because you WILL run out of TP

User Info: dragonIK

dragonIK
4 years ago#7
Speaking of SAM here is a stat build I made in prep for gearing it up for 4.1

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/13E5Q

A mostly balanced build with min. Skill speed

Hope it helps
DDFFO ID 209657680, also causal RPG enthusiast

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
4 years ago#8
who cares? Samurai kick ass either way, ya know? so epic! ^.^

User Info: Exiled_Tonberry

Exiled_Tonberry
4 years ago#9
Laplacia posted...
there's still a limit to this because you WILL run out of TP

I run Monk, and by extension SAM, with a SKS of 1320.
TP has not once been an issue for me unless I was aoeing. Honestly TP is such a non issue these days.
Everyone's Grudge

User Info: Isilia

Isilia
4 years ago#10
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A