is there another option to turn off the glare during skill animations?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. is there another option to turn off the glare during skill animations?

User Info: chicksboii

chicksboii
8 months ago#1
a paladin's flash for example glares my screen for .5 seconds forcing me to turn off character animations to limited. (I actually enjoy looking at the paladin combos with flashy effects, but now the instant glare screen. but is there a way to turn off the flashes and glare especially during the skill called flash? i don't want to turn to character animations to limited :(

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
8 months ago#2
Wait, let me guess... you zoom in to your character and PLD's Flash blinds you when you're close to that? Why don't you zoom out and look surround the area?

If you turn that Battle Effects off, you never know what's next after that.
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3

User Info: chicksboii

chicksboii
8 months ago#3
MMX377 posted...
Wait, let me guess... you zoom in to your character and PLD's Flash blinds you when you're close to that? Why don't you zoom out and look surround the area?

zooming out does work but i prefer to role play

User Info: Mikey_R

Mikey_R
8 months ago#4
Why do you need to be zoomed all the way in? You can see all the effects just fine when zoomed out, plus, as a tank, you need to be able to see as much as possible so you can properly react to things.

User Info: Klic42

Klic42
8 months ago#5
Zoom your camera out.

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
8 months ago#6
There, these posts said it all.

Don't get too close while you zoom in. If you're playing a RPer, you're doing it wrong. But it's your choice. Even if you do that, the party will... you know... they're probably kicking you out because you're complaining or saying something silly, like, "Sorry, I can't see it when the tank "Flash" or something. I don't know. If they don't kick you out, then you have to bear with PLD's Flash until all enemies and the boss are defeated.
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3

User Info: Valrien

Valrien
8 months ago#7
chicksboii posted...
MMX377 posted...

Can't help you then. If you play like that all I can say is you're probably gonna get kicked...a lot, since you'll hardly be able to see mechanics.
FFXIV Main: Rigil Kentaurus (PLD, RDM)

User Info: Broken_Fox

Broken_Fox
8 months ago#8
chicksboii posted...
MMX377 posted...

You're playing in first person?
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1053318/
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. is there another option to turn off the glare during skill animations?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived