can i be at dark knight and still be a good guy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. can i be at dark knight and still be a good guy?

User Info: chicksboii

chicksboii
8 months ago#1
I am not sure what the difference is between a death knight in wow and a dark knight in the lore of final fantasy series but I love the aesthetic and looks of a dark knight. Am I able to role play and make decisions in the quest line as a good guy or am i robbing innocents?

User Info: LightElf

LightElf
8 months ago#2
You are still the Warrior of Light. You will be just as good as any other job. You won't be evil.
http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq344/lightelf1337/hotchick.jpg

chicksboii
8 months ago#3
LightElf posted...
You are still the Warrior of Light. You will be just as good as any other job. You won't be evil.

can any dark knight main confirm this

User Info: Vermander

Vermander
8 months ago#4
I rolled on last night, it is my first tanking class so we will see how that goes.
3DS FC: 4312 - 9992 - 0441

User Info: Dsurions_Wrath

Dsurions_Wrath
8 months ago#5
Dark Knights aren't evil, they're more or less vigilantes who strike at people of power that victimize their people and can't be touched otherwise. The dark powers they wield are more tied to emotion than anything but I don't want to get too into it since their story is actually really good. But think of it like the whole Jedi/Sith Darkside thing where they're powered by emotion, just without the lean towards being evil and power hungry.
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
3DS Friend Code- 1633-5011-3828

User Info: Kandicaine

Kandicaine
8 months ago#6
Yah the *Darkness* of dark knights is really just about channeling their pain into power.

None of the jobs are evil. You're the warrior of light either way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVFYaHPcD1w https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUXck-0vh5k

User Info: RedMageStarfire

RedMageStarfire
8 months ago#7
Is this a serious topic

I can't imagine this is a serious topic

But in case it is, dark magic =/= evil. Look up the job description, your greatsword is the beacon to lead the meek through the darkness. In FFXIV lore, Dark Knights are basically vigilantes who work outside the sanctioned Ishgardian justice system to protect the poor and weak and bring justice to those deemed untouchable. The first Dark Knight was a guy who discovered that one of the powerful higher-ups in the Ishgardian Orthodox Church raped kids, and shanked the pedo when the Ishgardian government wouldn't do a thing about it. The dark magic thing came later, but basically you're upholding a long tradition of being Batman.
FFRK RW: Sentinel Grimoire (eH3e)

User Info: Dethuli

Dethuli
8 months ago#8
RedMageStarfire posted...
Is this a serious topic

I can't imagine this is a serious topic

But in case it is, dark magic =/= evil. Look up the job description, your greatsword is the beacon to lead the meek through the darkness. In FFXIV lore, Dark Knights are basically vigilantes who work outside the sanctioned Ishgardian justice system to protect the poor and weak and bring justice to those deemed untouchable. The first Dark Knight was a guy who discovered that one of the powerful higher-ups in the Ishgardian Orthodox Church raped kids, and shanked the pedo when the Ishgardian government wouldn't do a thing about it. The dark magic thing came later, but basically you're upholding a long tradition of being Batman.

More like Frank West, the Punisher.
Got a minute? You might learn something.

chicksboii
8 months ago#9
Dsurions_Wrath posted...
Dark Knights aren't evil, they're more or less vigilantes who strike at people of power that victimize their people and can't be touched otherwise. The dark powers they wield are more tied to emotion than anything but I don't want to get too into it since their story is actually really good. But think of it like the whole Jedi/Sith Darkside thing where they're powered by emotion, just without the lean towards being evil and power hungry.

Thanks for confirming i was reading their skills and there will all about blood and sacrifice and those associated evil. i love the way a dark knight holds the great sword

User Info: game_wiz101

game_wiz101
8 months ago#10
Don't listen to these guys TC

You become the ultimate bad guy.
3DS FC: 1375-7722-0434
GT: SmokyJoMama, PSN: SmokyJoMama-sama
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. can i be at dark knight and still be a good guy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived