• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. How many active players does this have compared to WoW?

User Info: slrmnz

slrmnz
4 years ago#1
looking at an MMO to play. I really love the Final Fantasy series but I also want to play an active MMO that will still stay alive for awhile

User Info: zelda_king3

zelda_king3
4 years ago#2
if I can recall, FFXIV is the 2nd most active sub based MMO right now. WoW is the only MMO that's #1 in that department.

slrmnz
4 years ago#3
Thanks. Does this game have a level boost like WoW?

User Info: RaVeNRandom

RaVeNRandom
4 years ago#4
slrmnz posted...
Thanks. Does this game have a level boost like WoW?

It will soon.
"A man chooses. A slave obeys."

User Info: Bladesyphon

Bladesyphon
4 years ago#5
XIV's also in that somewhat weird position of being 90% instance based. So even if the population dwindled to XI's numbers, you still wolsntpobably have very little trouble playing the game since everyone would still be using the DF to do any form of end game content.

So yeah, XIV is a safe game to bet on that it will still be functionally playable for years to come. Just don't be surprised if you see very few people in the open world. It's used mainly for the story and leveling, and not much else.
-Insert witty signature here-

User Info: Shadygrove

Shadygrove
4 years ago#6
Actually open world, or at least the cities and endgame hubs, are used a lot.

Mostly for AFK dancing and showing mounts off.
There are only two things that may be infinite. The universe and human stupidity. I am not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

User Info: TES_Nut

TES_Nut
4 years ago#7
Comparing an MMO to WoW is a fools bet. An MMO only needs to maintain about 100 thousand subs to support itself. Nothing ever got WoWs numbers before, probably nothing will again.

WoW doesn't have anything fundamental that this game doesn't. It's still an MMO, you still complete quests and grind for gear.

Play what you want, but at 12 years now wow looks like hot garbage and this game is pretty.
The ending of the word is ALMSIVI

User Info: Caerule

Caerule
4 years ago#8
It doesn't look like this game is going anywhere. The fact that this game has managed to keep monthly sub fees speaks for its success, I think.

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
4 years ago#9
zelda_king3 posted...
if I can recall, FFXIV is the 2nd most active sub based MMO right now. WoW is the only MMO that's #1 in that department.

which means absolutly nothing given its the only other really ACTIVE pay to play mmo currently aswell.

so a pretty pointless argument therefore^^

as for TC : depending on what you WANT from an mmo it might be a solid choice or a horrible one ^^ like all of them.

slrmnz
4 years ago#10
windklinge posted...
as for TC : depending on what you WANT from an mmo it might be a solid choice or a horrible one ^^ like all of them.

What stands about this? What stands out about WoW?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. How many active players does this have compared to WoW?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A