What do you main and how many times have you been kicked?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. What do you main and how many times have you been kicked?

User Info: benjjjamin

benjjjamin
1 year ago#61
Rakidrake7 posted...
Anyway, Benj is not wrong about those kinds of groups existing. I just usually choose to stay quiet or leave on my own.

*Frown*
I wish you'd stand up. You're right there telling yourself it's what you should do.
They're cowards, which is the real reason why they play with each other behind kick protection. Not because they're good. Because they're weak and need it.
They think their numbers dominate.
Show them they don't.
When forum kids consolidate in the game and hope to take their culture on live, it is your duty to stand up and beat the s*** out of them. Even if you're locally outnumbered, they're the minority.

You can take 3 of them at the same time. The game only accidentally gives them power. They're not strong people.
Language warning:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/

User Info: wren77

wren77
1 year ago#62
Black mage, once, because I used the limit break on a pack of enemies.

"Don't use limit blm." Booted a few minutes later. The limit would have sat full until Fenrir so apparently that was a better option for those guys. I even showed when and where I was going to use it before I did.
Classic Hero:
1. You have spiky hair 2. You always wake up late. Yup, the two could be related.

User Info: Broken_Fox

Broken_Fox
1 year ago#63
wren77 posted...
Black mage, once, because I used the limit break on a pack of enemies.

"Don't use limit blm." Booted a few minutes later. The limit would have sat full until Fenrir so apparently that was a better option for those guys. I even showed when and where I was going to use it before I did.

haha, wow. what idiots.

i've gotten kicked for getting into arguments with people. can't remember the last time it's happened though.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1053318/

User Info: 1337ROX

1337ROX
1 year ago#64
The only time i recall being kicked was on mnk. I swear this guy was dualboxing and doing it badly because the healer was on auto follow and only healed the guy it was following.
3DS: 4511-0726-1828
Friend Safari: Krabby, Gyarados, and Poliwhirl

User Info: Sohma

Sohma
1 year ago#65
I do remember being kicked one time as a WHM in Sohm Al actually. It was pretty similar to Raki's situation except I wasn't really helping out a newbie or anything. Isilia was with me as another DPS. The other two randoms were a tank and DPS.

I was in the process of leveling up WHM and I was still getting pretty used to the job of healing and making sure I could DPS at times. I had Sohm Al almost down to a science because of how often I would run through it on WHM. I favored the dungeon simply because it was easier to go through, in my opinion, and I loved the dungeon theme.

The tank wasn't new or anything, but we struggled on the first pull and he wasted all of his cooldowns on staying alive and holding aggro and the other DPS wasn't all that great. I had to babysit the tank constantly, so I didn't get to throw out too much DPS other than a couple Aero's at the time. Even Regen wasn't enough to keep the tank alive comfortably at that time. We barely survived.

Then on the second pull right before the first boss, the tank pulled way too much again. He didn't have any of his cooldowns because he wasted them on the first pull couldn't hold aggro, and the adds were all over the place. And so, despite all of my efforts the tank was the first one to die. I tried to keep myself and the rest alive until we could come to a point where I could raise the tank comfortably without the other two DPS hanging on for dear life. I was managing my MP just fine, but it didn't matter. I was getting hit way too hard and interrupted way too many times to save that 2nd pull when the adds weren't dying fast enough that we're initially pulled.

So, we all died. We all came back and Isilia and I quickly found out that the tank and other DPS knew each other. The DPS got snarky, asked why I let the tank die, and I gave my reasons that the tank overpulled and blew through all of his cooldowns on the first pull. The DPS continued to give attitude and said that he didn't understand if we did fine on the first pull, Isilia interjected saying that the first pull was in no way "fine" at all. Then, the tank decided to chime in and question why I only used Cure I on him (I wasn't. He had Regen and then Medica 2 when I realized he was going much further, but obviously I'm not going to spam Cure II on the tank) because apparently he wanted me to use nothing but Cure II and blow out my MP immediately to save his ass for being stupid.

Before I knew it, I get accused for being a healbot and kicked from the party. I submitted a report after that and who knows what happened to those two players for abusing the vote kick system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6XJ_GAlRHI | https://youtu.be/jATOZhxX1CY
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/10351419/

User Info: Nestama

Nestama
1 year ago#66
Only ever been kicked once~
FFXI - Asura: Nestama
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1729096/

User Info: NoctisSiIentium

NoctisSiIentium
1 year ago#67
been kicked twice that i can remember.

once was in palace of the dead for making puns with a three man group that took themselves too seriously. they kicked me out at the end of the 29th floor.

another was in hullbreaker hard for defending a dps that was new to the dungeon. healer and tank were friends and s***ting on the other dps, so i said it was ok and told the DPS in question it was ok to mess up when you're new

got kicked.

f*** those guys.
i don't know what to put here

User Info: ethereal_king92

ethereal_king92
1 year ago#68
I was kicked for pointing out this AST not playing his job right
Why Art Thou So Solemn?

User Info: dr_burger92

dr_burger92
1 year ago#69
I've only ever been kicked as any role because I was DCing alot, which I don't hold against those teammates. I'd do the same thing. I main a tank.
Are you seriously asking if something is stupid about an economy made up out of hats?

User Info: machinoman

machinoman
1 year ago#70
Hmmm... seems like everyone has either been kicked for no reason or never at all. Perhaps they should remove the kick option all together?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. What do you main and how many times have you been kicked?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived