• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. What's the casual endgame look like?

User Info: RPGfreek

RPGfreek
2 years ago#1
Currently playing WoW but for some reason I can't get myself to enjoy playing alts. The only thing that really attracts me to WoW anymore is the mythic raiding scene and my alts aren't part of that. In WoW, the classes feel kind of neutered and generic compared to FFXIV jobs so playing alts doesn't really seem that enjoyable anymore. So I was thinking of play FFXIV on the side instead of playing alts in WoW.

My question is, what's the endgame like for someone who wants to play casually like me? Last time I played was before Heavensward so there's a ton of catching up to do if I return, but eventually I'll reach max level and I'd rather know what I'm getting myself into.

I know there are tons of mini games and great crafting system etc. Not concerned about that. Just about what there is to do on your main job at max level if you don't want to do savage mode.

And bonus question - what's the difficulty level like? Complete and total faceroll or just easy enough to be enjoyable?

User Info: Shinwufang2

Shinwufang2
2 years ago#2
...there are casuals...that make it to end game?
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once."

User Info: RPGfreek

RPGfreek
2 years ago#3
They must eventually get to max level... Is the grind that bad? O.O

User Info: InfestedAdam

InfestedAdam
2 years ago#4
RPGfreek posted...
They must eventually get to max level... Is the grind that bad? O.O

It is really simple and there's multiple ways to max out your level. The daily Duty Roulettes gives you a sizable experience bonus each time you complete one.
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"

User Info: Thomastm3

Thomastm3
2 years ago#5
-There is 2 dungeon roulette everyday.
-4 Alexander normal mode fights to farm once a week.
-The 2 24man raids to do weekly for a materia 5 or glamour.
-Pvp if you're into that
-Daily beast tribe quests, which are simple go there kill that and fetch quests

That's pretty much end game for a casual player.

User Info: Anrui

Anrui
2 years ago#6
Shinwufang2 posted...
...there are casuals...that make it to end game?

This is content aimed at the casual endgame players.

24 Man Raids
Normal Mode Raids
Endgame Dungeons

User Info: windklinge

windklinge
2 years ago#7
Thomastm3 posted...
-There is 2 dungeon roulette everyday.
-4 Alexander normal mode fights to farm once a week.
-The 2 24man raids to do weekly for a materia 5 or glamour.
-Pvp if you're into that
-Daily beast tribe quests, which are simple go there kill that and fetch quests

That's pretty much end game for a casual player.

void ark no longer gives t5 materia. only weeping does. so its basicly only one 24 person and the gear is no longer relevant at this point from then. 3.5 will bring a new one tough.

User Info: Jacien

Jacien
2 years ago#8
Glamour.
"Just because it appeals to children doesn't exclude me from enjoying it."

User Info: Sohma

Sohma
2 years ago#9
I'd like to think casual endgame goes along the lines of "whatever the f*** I want to do".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6XJ_GAlRHI | https://youtu.be/WpnutDBriuI
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/10351419/

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
2 years ago#10
RPGfreek posted...
Currently playing WoW but for some reason I can't get myself to enjoy playing alts. The only thing that really attracts me to WoW anymore is the mythic raiding scene and my alts aren't part of that. In WoW, the classes feel kind of neutered and generic compared to FFXIV jobs so playing alts doesn't really seem that enjoyable anymore. So I was thinking of play FFXIV on the side instead of playing alts in WoW.

Erm.... I'll go ahead and stop you here. If you feel that classes in Legion are neutered, then you're not going to enjoy XIV, at all. Unless you enjoy all classes having three button rotations, and a handful of abilities to use off the global cool down with the occasional use of a DPS or Defensive Cooldown.

Classes really aren't any more complex in XIV then they are in WoW.

RPGfreek posted...

My question is, what's the endgame like for someone who wants to play casually like me? Last time I played was before Heavensward so there's a ton of catching up to do if I return, but eventually I'll reach max level and I'd rather know what I'm getting myself into.

If you're strictly going to play casual, then your weekly routine of endgame content in XIV will consist of capping your tomestones by running the same two dungeons n the EX Roulette until your eyes bleed (Assuming you want to go about earning Tomestones the quickest and most efficient route), while also grinding the four Alexander bosses on Normal until you get the drops you need from them to redeem for Alexandrian Armor. When 3.5 comes out, you'll also have a 24-man Raid with four bosses in it you can do for one piece of loot per week as an alternative to Tomestone gear.

RPGfreek posted...
And bonus question - what's the difficulty level like? Complete and total faceroll or just easy enough to be enjoyable?

The 4-mans are entirely faceroll, more so then Normal 5-mans in Legion. Alexander on Normal is about on par with LFR, and the 24-mans are generally semi-difficult on the first week, then total faceroll aftewards, about somewhere inbeteen a Heroic 5-man in WoW and LFR.

Simply put, casual end-game content in XIV is incredibly easy, and offers very little in the way of challenge after the first week and you've learned the dance on the encounters. Savage Alexander in 3.4 isn't in much of a better place either, as it's also quite a deal easier then the previous two raids, somewhere on par with a Heroic Raid in Legion.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. What's the casual endgame look like?
  • Topic Archived