• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Sasha_Braus

Sasha_Braus
6 years ago#1
I may be a doofus I will go ahead and say it, but I got the old

Based upon recent suspicious activity, we have identified that your account may potentially be at risk. For your protection, we have temporarily suspended login access to this account.
Instructions for lifting this restriction have been sent to the email address registered to your Square Enix Account.
For more information about the login restriction, please refer to the following page:
http://support.na.square-enix.com/j/lbna

Now this started a few days ago, then I tried using my E-mail address, no good the E-mail I thought I was using was incorrect. My two go-to Email addreses lead me to my accounts I made for the free trial version, but I can not for the life of me remember my email for that one.

So I got to wondering, is it possible to change your email address, like could someone have gotten into my account and changed the email info?....which would be silly of course as they have not changed my password, so I have no idea what happened I did stop playing the game for two weeks that's it.

I called Square Enix support and was able to give them my full name, billing address, my characters on the profile, the card on the profile and everything else, but he said they couldn't do anything, since I couldn't remember the email address, it was right in front of him and I get this is all for security so I am not upset with them for not telling me what it says, but I can't even do a ticket right, since I can't answer my secret question, which I know the answer to all of them, but I can't answer it...again, due to no E-mail.

So am I screwed and I should just cancel my subscription or what, I don't know this has been bothering me a few days and I tried customer service today, so I'm just looking to here for help.
Discord-https://discord.gg/VJMbWr5 Welcome all new members and most suggestions

User Info: sauceje

sauceje
6 years ago#2
Yeah, you basically have to know what e-mail address is registered to the account or you're boned. I get this message all the time because I play on two/three different IPs at times and it's never satisfied that it's actually me playing, so it makes me reset my password. But then again I actually get the e-mail to reset it...
He was born in a coop, raised in a cage, children fear him, critics rage,
He's half alive, he's half dead, folks just call him Buckethead

Sasha_Braus
6 years ago#3
Damnit I thought so, is it possible people on your friends list can see your E-mail?

User Info: sauceje

sauceje
6 years ago#4
Sasha_Braus posted...
Damnit I thought so, is it possible people on your friends list can see your E-mail?

I checked in-game and on the site and didn't get anything.
He was born in a coop, raised in a cage, children fear him, critics rage,
He's half alive, he's half dead, folks just call him Buckethead

Sasha_Braus
6 years ago#5
sauceje posted...
Sasha_Braus posted...

I checked in-game and on the site and didn't get anything.

Well there goes my plan for that, well I will try with customer support one more time in the morning and if I get nothing I will just cancel my subscription, as much as I don't want to, I just refuse to start all over and pay for a game I can't even play.......I mean....I will be able to at least cancel right? Cause if I need my email for that I am super screwed and stuck paying Square for a game I can't play

User Info: wren77

wren77
6 years ago#6
You have your login name, obviously. So can you log into the Mog Station? You can access the rest of the SE account info there. SE Account Management > Update Account Info > Update Email. It'll list them there.
Classic Hero:
1. You have spiky hair 2. You always wake up late. Yup, the two could be related.

Sasha_Braus
6 years ago#7
wren77 posted...
You have your login name, obviously. So can you log into the Mog Station? You can access the rest of the SE account info there. SE Account Management > Update Account Info > Update Email. It'll list them there.

Can't Mog Station gives me the same reply Square Enix and Final Fantasy XIV do

User Info: Miggi3Fr3sh

Miggi3Fr3sh
6 years ago#8
If he's locked out of the game, he'd be locked out of the Mogstation. At least that's how it was for me prior to adding the security token last year.

I must add, that's extremely absurd that you provided all of the information in your account including the fact that you have the current username and password but they won't reset your email.

User Info: Ultimate_Broly

Ultimate_Broly
6 years ago#9
A one time password would prevent suspicious activity like that in the future.
FFXIV Jenova: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/7063457/
Club Chocobo rank 8 FC is recruiting! PM me on Gamefaqs or in game for invites!

User Info: wren77

wren77
6 years ago#10
Ultimate_Broly posted...
A one time password would prevent suspicious activity like that in the future.

"*We may find it necessary to temporarily restrict access in order to safeguard your account,
even if you have already employed the use of a security token."

I find it quite unbelievable that they would demand an email over billing information. Emails can be hacked, so what then? I doubt it would help but if you mentioned you can provide your IP addresses, so that if the game was accessed from several you could tell them which they were, before they tell you. Not absolute proof or anything, but a long shot might better than nothing. Another long shot might be to bug the credit card company to see if they have any details about the payment. Like if the SE account info (and thus email) is included.

I'd also explain that if you can provide the answers to the password reset questions that's kinda proof that you set it up. But again, I don't think they have their heads screwed on right to begin with.
Classic Hero:
1. You have spiky hair 2. You always wake up late. Yup, the two could be related.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A