• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. How do you log into second service account?

User Info: capnunit

capnunit
7 years ago#1
I bought a second PC download from Amazon today. I created a new service account under my existing SE account, registered the new code, and everything shows up fine on the SE Account page and Mog Station. I see both accounts as Active.

Now I go to log into the game and I don't see how I switch to the new account. It automatically takes me to the character on my first account. Did I miss a step somewhere to get the game to recognize that a second account exists?
"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"

capnunit
7 years ago#2
Bump one time.

Someone must have two service accounts on the same SE account. How do you switch accounts when logging in?

capnunit
7 years ago#3
Adding the answer in case anyone has to search for this like I did. Talked to SE support and they said the new service account isn't recognized because there were no characters on it yet. So I had to do the following:

1. Log into Mog Station and cancel first service account.
2. Start up game. It automatically starts on the new service account because the first was canceled.
3. Create new character on new service account.
4. Go back to Mog Station and reactivate first account.

Now when I start up the game, I have to go to Data Center first and click Proceed. Then it asks me which service account I want to use. If I try to click Start first, it still assumes the first service account. This makes me wonder if I had gone to Data Center first, the above steps might not have even been necessary.

User Info: phoegon1990

phoegon1990
7 years ago#4
for me it worked out i had to just boot the game hit start and then i get a box asking which service account i want to use

also make sure that both accounts are active or you will only go into the active one

FYI: i tried using both service accounts at the same time on difernt computers and it worked no problem
3DS-FC: 4484-8475-4567 Snorunt, Bergmite
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. How do you log into second service account?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A