• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Is there a list of servers and what they "unoffically" are?

User Info: ZidaneTribal

ZidaneTribal
8 years ago#21
Edge4o7_ posted...
I remember when Garbage Wars 2 came out there was a big reddit post with all the servers and what gaming communities/websites/known clans were going to play on what servers etc. Is there something like that for this game? I'm still not sure what server to pick.

IIRC Gilgamesh is the unofficial new player server, and there's probably a RP server so I feel like I'd want to avoid those two servers.

Gilgamesh is the non-legacy RP & Reddit Server. It's also going to have Kripp and his followers.
Ultros is the 4chan server
Either Excalibur or Hyperion is the Legacy Reddit Server.
Currently Playing: Mass Effect Series (Multiple playthroughs), MK8
GT/PSN/NNID: Pelendran

User Info: karate_chop

karate_chop
8 years ago#22
I don't have to be a legacy player to join a legacy server do I? All my friends are legacy players and they want to play on Excalibur

User Info: mrg59

mrg59
8 years ago#23
Emerald_Wyvern posted...
What's Leviathan supposed to be?

Just a really popular server because of its name. Gilgamesh is official 4chan/reddit, as well as the RP server, so that gave it a bajillion more people, and then, according to polls, Behemoth (or Bahamut, it was the B one) and Leviathon are 2nd and 3rd, respectively.

User Info: Edge4o7_

Edge4o7_
8 years ago#24
ZidaneTribal posted...
Edge4o7_ posted...
I remember when Garbage Wars 2 came out there was a big reddit post with all the servers and what gaming communities/websites/known clans were going to play on what servers etc. Is there something like that for this game? I'm still not sure what server to pick.

IIRC Gilgamesh is the unofficial new player server, and there's probably a RP server so I feel like I'd want to avoid those two servers.

Gilgamesh is the non-legacy RP & Reddit Server. It's also going to have Kripp and his followers.

God damn @ the bold. Just one of those things is already awful, but the whole combo? Jesus.
XBL: Edge4o7
3DS FC: 0774-5549-6514 https://imgur.com/2XE78U0

User Info: ShiroshiMajikku

ShiroshiMajikku
8 years ago#25
Edge4o7_ posted...
ZidaneTribal posted...
Edge4o7_ posted...

God damn @ the bold. Just one of those things is already awful, but the whole combo? Jesus.

Yeah, time for any sane person to not even consider Gilgamesh as a server.

User Info: bag

bag
8 years ago#26
ShiroshiMajikku posted...
Edge4o7_ posted...
ZidaneTribal posted...
Edge4o7_ posted...

I was going to, but I just can't do it knowing that Reddit is going there too. God I hate Reddit. Leviathan it is.

User Info: ZidaneTribal

ZidaneTribal
8 years ago#27
bag posted...
ShiroshiMajikku posted...
Edge4o7_ posted...
ZidaneTribal posted...
Edge4o7_ posted...

I was going to, but I just can't do it knowing that Reddit is going there too. God I hate Reddit. Leviathan it is.

I've been getting the information via lurking the FFXIV Reddit. Most of them are actually well spread out, but the bulk are going with Gilga.

Also, they're not happy about Kripp, as that's going to make the server crowded as all hell for the first month until he quits.
Currently Playing: Mass Effect Series (Multiple playthroughs), MK8
GT/PSN/NNID: Pelendran

User Info: fallen_acolyte

fallen_acolyte
8 years ago#28
Al--Mualim posted...
a lot of British people are gonna be on Moogle. I think..?

Then that's the server for me. Cant get enough of that accent.
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte

User Info: danielv123

danielv123
8 years ago#29
Man i'm getting old! What's an RP server? What makes it different? And why wouldnt I want to join gilga where reddit and 4chan is going? What's the deal with those? I want to join a heavy populated server and im located in Europe. What server should I join?
PSN: Steel_D

User Info: Shadowfable

Shadowfable
8 years ago#30
Reposting from reddit but this is the list that is current.

Something Awful (New) = Gilgamesh

Something Awful (Legacy) = Excalibur

NeoGAF (New) - Ultros

NeoGAF (Legacy) - Sargatanas (NA) Durandal (JP)

BlueGartr (New) - Gilgamesh

BlueGartr (Legacy) - ?

Reddit (New) - Gilgamesh

Reddit (Legacy) - Excalibur

GameFAQs (New) Gilgamesh, Midgard

GameFAQS (Legacy) - ?

4chan/V/ (New) - Ultros or Cactuar (NA) (Poll currently going on) Moogle (EU)

4chan/V/ (Legacy) - Excalibur (NA) and Ragnarok (EU) (Poll currently going on)

Allakhazam (New) - Ultros

Allakhazam (Legacy) - Hyperion (PST) Balmung (EST) Ragnarok (EU)

Giantbomb (New) - Ultros

Giantbomb (Legacy) - Sargatanas

RP (New) = Gilgamesh

RP (Legacy) = Balmung

Kripparrian = Leviathan

Krip posted in the thread that he will be going to Levi now not Gilg as said earlier in this thread.
The LGBT community looks like it might roll on Gilg as well.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
  3. Is there a list of servers and what they "unoffically" are?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A