• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Cabela's Hunting Expeditions
  3. This is not as bad as you think..

User Info: static10101

static10101
8 years ago#1
Repetition plagues all games. The slower paced in that crowd get a bit more scrutiny than they deserve, and I believe the maker's of the Cabela's games have tried to be understanding of that.. none of their titles in the past couple of years have attempted a $60 release price (not counting games that come with gun accessories). So why does Madden launch at full retail each year? You can debate that it is a more polished game, etc.. sure, they "got it right" years back and pump out the same crap each year with minor changes. The crews who undertake these games at least try to change the formula up to please their audience. They don't hit that mark every time, but damn are they getting close. Trial and error (and missing often) is better than the stagnant garbage that the other sports out there offer.

I hate hunting outside of video games, but I was raised to understand it, and these guys do as good a job as should be expected. They keep adapting (yes, they do seem to listen to the very small crowd that enjoys these games) and each year (and title) has tried to provide what their small fan-base keeps asking for as it changes, for good or bad.

I was amazed to see the user score at 2.0 on this game. I easily give this a 6. Have you ever gone hunting? This was a hell of a lot more fast paced than what I grew up doing.. if you don't enjoy the concept of truly hunting something, why would you even consider buying this?

Now if the problem people had with this game was that it was a bit TOO simplistic I can somewhat agree.. however, once someone really knows what they are doing out there in the real woods, it is pretty damn simplistic as well. This is the closest Cabela's has come to effectively making that experience. Take that as you will. But be fair in your assessment at least..
  1. Boards
  2. Cabela's Hunting Expeditions
  3. This is not as bad as you think..
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A