• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NiGHTS into Dreams...
  3. I hope this doesn't really tax a two-year-old standard laptop.

User Info: BlueFlameBat

BlueFlameBat
6 years ago#1
I only got about 4GB of RAM on my PC and I don't think it's upgradable. I'll get the PS3 version instead if I have to (my XBox 360 Elite's ethernet port is broken so I can't buy anymore digital games for it), but I'd rather be able to take the game on the road/plane with me and not have to worry as much about input delay.
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile
There is still no escape.

User Info: CrisisCauser

CrisisCauser
6 years ago#2
Of all the possible choices to base PC performance on, listing RAM and nothing else is probably the most useless spec to reveal. 4GB of RAM is, in fact, fine for even the latest and greatest PC games with only a few exceptions like BF3. What matters in GPU. But an HD port of a PS2 game should not be hard to run.

BlueFlameBat
6 years ago#3
Okay then, how about this?

Dell Inspiron N5010

Windows 7 Home Premium
Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 480 @ 2.67GHz 2.66 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.87 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System
Graphics Chipset: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
Graphics Card Manufacturer Powered by AMD
Graphics Chipset ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
Graphics Bus Capability: PCI Express
Maximum Bus Setting: PCI Express x16
Memory Size: 1024 MB
Memory Type: DDR3
Core Clock in MHz: 450 MHz
Memory Clock in MHz: 600 MHz
Total Memory Bandwidth in GByte/s: 19.2 GByte/s
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile

User Info: iori3000

iori3000
6 years ago#4
LMAO dude.. Hell that laptop can run BF 3 at medium setting.. I'm not sure if you're trolling or what... My laptop has similar specs and it runs most of the latest games in medium settings just fine..
PSN: GoTigers9999
Steam ID: Iori-_-

BlueFlameBat
6 years ago#5
iori3000 posted...
LMAO dude.. Hell that laptop can run BF 3 at medium setting.. I'm not sure if you're trolling or what... My laptop has similar specs and it runs most of the latest games in medium settings just fine..

I'm not trolling. I just don't know what my laptop can handle without shorting out. I don't think it was exactly designed for gaming. When I play Portal and Saints Row: The Third on it, it heats up like a mother ****er! And no, I don't try to run those two games at the same time (I don't think I could even if I wanted to since they're both tied to the Steam application). I'm not an idiot.

User Info: iori3000

iori3000
6 years ago#6
BlueFlameBat posted...
iori3000 posted...

I'm not trolling. I just don't know what my laptop can handle without shorting out. I don't think it was exactly designed for gaming. When I play Portal and Saints Row: The Third on it, it heats up like a mother ****er! And no, I don't try to run those two games at the same time (I don't think I could even if I wanted to since they're both tied to the Steam application). I'm not an idiot.

Oh if you're talking about overheating, I hear you.. Mine does that also.. Pretty much all specced laptops have this problem. Just a given when something small and that powerful runs games with such a small fan for the power supply.. Plus the design of the laptops usually have the fans on the bottom where you don't get much ventilation as is.. There is a reason you see similar specced laptops in which one will go for 900-1200 range and others will go for about 2500.. The more expensive ones don't overheat as much iirc..
Along with a similary to more powerful CPU that runs less nm which directly ties into usage and overheating.. Usually a processor that runs less nm will run the same performance but less power therefore less overheating..
PSN: GoTigers9999
Steam ID: Iori-_-
  1. Boards
  2. NiGHTS into Dreams...
  3. I hope this doesn't really tax a two-year-old standard laptop.
  • Topic Archived