• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
  3. I own the Ps3 version. Wii U version worth it?

User Info: OdioTotale

OdioTotale
5 years ago#1
Topic. Loved the ps3 version, both single and multiplayer (though I only got the free dlcs). Is this "Special Edition" worth getting? What are the differeces between the two games, apart from controls?

Thanks
"How gratifying for once to know that those above will serve those down below"

User Info: thePARIIAH

thePARIIAH
5 years ago#2
"Bonus content includes a new mission and squad member, an exclusive new weapon, the Extended Cut ending, and an interactive backstory experience detailing previous events in the Mass Effect universe."
Other new controls involving the Wii U, you already know..

The "interactive backstory" would be Genesis 1 & 2.
It's not bad, but, I'd rather just play the Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2 on the PS3/360/PC with more interactions through them all, since G1/2 leave out some stuff.

From Ashes DLC.

I don't know but...
Does the Wii U have the Citadel/Omega/Leviathan DLC? if the Wii U has none of these, than the PS3/360/PC versions take it for me. If it does than, equal appreciation.
ihitasquirrelitchangedmylife...

User Info: William_Boone

William_Boone
5 years ago#3
I have the Trilogy on PS3 and also the Special Edition, to my knowlege, the WiiU version doesnt include Leviathan/Omega/Citadel... Also it doesnt include the last dlcs from the multiplayer. It does include From Ashes and the Extended Cut...

Also includes the Genesis 1/2, but as the good friend before me said, it does make some weird choices in some decisions... namely it mixes some decisions that can be made separately on the games...

The controls, it uses the Gamepad and i really love the fact that finally i get to see some maps for this game! Im still wondering why i cant find maps for ME3... so for me this was great in the WiiU version.

For me the WiiU version is great, it could have been the Definitive version to get if they would have included all DLC.

I got it and even if im playing the PS3 version currently, i do love the WiiU version and plan on getting back to it soon... hoping some people are still playing the multiplayer as is the case on the PS3 version...
PSN: William_Boone / Sabine / Fighter Lv 131
PSN: The__Shadow7 / Marie / Sorcerer lv 119 (This can change cause i have been playing, work in progress!)

User Info: thePARIIAH

thePARIIAH
5 years ago#4
William_Boone posted...
The controls, it uses the Gamepad and i really love the fact that finally i get to see some maps for this game! Im still wondering why i cant find maps for ME3... so for me this was great in the WiiU version.

That... actually sounds pretty neat.
---
I'm fighting a War, rather than War itself.

User Info: William_Boone

William_Boone
5 years ago#5
It is for me! I dont remember well, but i do think the gamepad also shows maps on multiplayer! Also the gamepad helps you with some power shortcuts, i dont use them much, as i like to play almost the same way as the PS3 version.

I returned to play today and i still marvel at how good this game looks!! Another feature it got that is different from the PS3 version, this version uses the complete TV screen, no black bars. I use an analog tv, as it still works and this tv is my gaming tv apart from the houses tv. It really looks great!!

i just wish the Gamepad sounds with headphones would have been better... it just sounds too low for me... this problem is not from the gamepad, as i have heard other games that sound very loud on the gamepad... and the game on the gamepad looks even more incredible!! Is like playing Mass Effect on a portable device!! Almost! LOL
PSN: William_Boone / Sabine / Fighter Lv 132
PSN: The__Shadow7 / Marie / Sorcerer lv 120 (This can change cause i have been playing, work in progress!)
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
  3. I own the Ps3 version. Wii U version worth it?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A