• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Beyond: Two Souls
  3. No qte death penalty?!

User Info: jediknight0423

jediknight0423
3 years ago#1
In any game I've played with quick time events I always like to see what happens when I fail them. Sure seeing Jodie trip or take a punch is heart breaking but a sick part of me likes feeling bad for causing such an amazing character to die. And when I finally thought the game would've let you kill Jodie by jumping off the highway over pass in the homeless chapter Aiden comes to the rescue. Which is admirable but ugh! Like Jodie said "no one gets to tell me how to live my life"- except the writers, script and devs! Lol

Also every time I chose suicide I would get stopped by Aiden or some other thing which I like as I said but I fails every qte when fighting the machete guy on purpose and I didn't even have to heal her!

If you ever played tomb raider legends on the ps2 or original Xbox, there was actually an unlock able bonus content of a compilation video of all the ways you could die via qte failures! I would watch it just for laughs at the crazy ways Laura croft would die!

Anyways, just beat the game and as I expected to I loved it and definitely going back to try out the beyond choice and the Zooey choice and maybe the Ryan choice. Although I was pretty ratified with the life choice with the jay ending.
follow me on twitter and twitch @jediknight1996. streaming often.

User Info: Dragonclaw_ZERO

Dragonclaw_ZERO
3 years ago#2
Yeah, most QTE has no consequence if you failed. Most ones that do just skips the Chapter Resolution in question, like the Army will actually clean up their own mess and you might get almost get killed by Flaming Debris instead of having Ellen Page's head smashed.

There's only one Game Over possible and it's very hard to get, in contrast to most other games in this style. Hilarious Death Compilations for them is probably the best part which is why Until Dawn is sold out in all the Redboxes I checked and sweeping the boards.
Omnia Moritura
  1. Boards
  2. Beyond: Two Souls
  3. No qte death penalty?!
  • Topic Archived