• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Beyond: Two Souls
  3. Why the polarization?

User Info: Bloodlines1191

Bloodlines1191
7 years ago#1
For a game that's just been announced, I've noticed quite some hate from certain parts. Is it Heavy Rain's plot holes?
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted - Assassin's Creed
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper

User Info: obersmith

obersmith
7 years ago#2
It could be that, but I think it is because people were upset with the lack of player control and the abundance of QTE's in Heavy Rain's game play. If they hated Heavy Rain so much, they should stay far away from this one. Story wise, I'm upset that Ellen Page's character cannot die. That was the most tense aspect of playing the different characters in Heavy Rain for me.
"How to Sell a Soundtrack: First, Ignore the Movie" -Newsweek headline

User Info: X195

X195
7 years ago#3
^Wait, was that stated in an interview of sorts or something?

I'd assume she could at least die in the endings.
Call me Mega, Megaman, X, or any variation/combination of the previously stated names.
Official Liu Kang of the PS3 Mortal Kombat board.

User Info: sheridanmoviegu

sheridanmoviegu
7 years ago#4
Yeah, I figured you would at least get a game over if you failed too many QTEs. I mean, I get she's kind of the only character and killing her means the game is over but still.
If HK-47 and GLaDOS had a child, the awesome character they create would cause the video game world to explode. Join the Revengers! (board#: 587986)

User Info: obersmith

obersmith
7 years ago#5
My guess is that the story will branch depending on the players performance and choices. There will be good endings and bad endings. Maybe you can screw her life up so bad that she commits suicide at the end of the 15 years. I prefer bad endings to game over screens.
"How to Sell a Soundtrack: First, Ignore the Movie" -Newsweek headline
  1. Boards
  2. Beyond: Two Souls
  3. Why the polarization?
  • Topic Archived