You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. power combo question

User Info: chaos5055

chaos5055
2 months ago#1
Sorry if its been answered before, I'm finally getting the hang of it. Originally I thought you can only power combo based on the enemies weakness, not with just any element not previously used. But what happens when you use an art with multiple attack elements? like energy shackles? Does that mean you've used both of those elements and you can no longer refresh the power combo bar with both of them?

User Info: xiutye

xiutye
2 months ago#2
It appears to me that an arte with multiple elements applies all of its elements to the power combo on the first use, which would make you unable to extend that power combo's duration with any of those elements going forward. However you do gain the benefit of leaping forward in terms of the modifier % for having included all of those types with just a single attack.

Unless I'm mistaken in some of that it makes multi-element artes useful for quick power combos but less advantageous for extending one for a long duration or a lot of moves (such as is required for some of the titles).
I judge everyone based on their sig. If you wanna judge me for that, go ahead.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. power combo question