• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. First playthrough, and f**k this debt.

User Info: darknile

darknile
8 months ago#1
I mean this debt system is so badly implemented I will get a debt prompt 3 times just going through a tunnel, or after every single time I finish a battle!

I've literally stopped battling for grind because I don't want a debt alert!!!! I'm wary of opening up bags or treasure chests because DEBT ALERT!

God, if anyone can survive the first playthrough like this, it takes a lot of calming the hell down. I don't mind the debt system, but the frequency of the alerts is game breaking! After paying off a large sum and receiving a gift, there should be a BREAK. Or during the main story chapter fights!!!
-You know you're badass if you can make the Lord of all Evil cry.

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
8 months ago#2
Chill out dude.

the debt gimmick isnt that bad when it first starts. Later on the game you get enough money from fighting enemies and stuff anyway

User Info: Cloudisthebest

Cloudisthebest
8 months ago#3
WizardofHoth posted...
Chill out dude.

the debt gimmick isnt that bad when it first starts. Later on the game you get enough money from fighting enemies and stuff anyway

Exactly. Grind away, and don't let a little notification bother you.
'03 Mustang GT- Flowmaster exhaust, Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors, strut tower brace, k-member brace...
PSN: officersweetpant

User Info: badboy

badboy
8 months ago#4
I suppose you're not paying the required amount even though you have it. You will be frequently reminded so just pay it off.

darknile
8 months ago#5
badboy posted...
I suppose you're not paying the required amount even though you have it. You will be frequently reminded so just pay it off.

I usually pay chunks of the requested amount but it's still crappy.
I had 300k saved up, and this s*** system will only let me keep it under 100k. Apparently the player gets punished for having TOO much money. It's not that I don't have enough money and I don't pay off in chunk payments (which I do!), it just won't let me go above xx amount. I've already paid 1million on this.

And they make the game unplayable when you get so many debt alerts that you literally end up not wanting to play the game anymore. Especially when it's your first playthrough! I try and finish up the job requests, but I always go over the xx amount limit upon completion and debt alerts begin all over again.

Better implementation of this would be player pays off 50,000 or 100,000 amount to reach before a deadline (then reset an in game timer after reaching the last goal) , then we shouldn't be getting alerts until the next due date. Then just use a garnishment system if the due date timer gets passed. But instead it's tied to "player has over xx amount! annoy the hell out of them!!!"

It's maddening. I make 45,000+ from elite monsters and I have to give it all away because it's over the 99,999 annoyance limit!

I don't like being pigeon holed as to how I have to manage my finances in the game.

WizardofHoth
8 months ago#6
Quit your damn whining, bub.

The debt thing in Xillia 2 never bothered me that much since I was level grinding etc in the game anyway.

Near the end of the game, you pay off the debt where its worth it.

So shut up and play the game

darknile
8 months ago#7
WizardofHoth posted...
Quit your damn whining, bub.

The debt thing in Xillia 2 never bothered me that much since I was level grinding etc in the game anyway.

Near the end of the game, you pay off the debt where its worth it.

So shut up and play the game

It's pretty damned hard to play this f**king particular title in the series when the majority of the dialogue I get getting pops up EVERY 5 seconds with debt harassment. I swear to god, 80% of the game dialogue I've heard is REPETITIVE debt dialogue in ratio to rest of the story, skit, event dialogue.

I will keep b****ing about it because it's ridiculously annoying and broken how they did this. I zone, I get a debt alert, I finish a battle (even one without a cash reward) I get a debt alert. This crap should have been patched a long time ago. At this rate I'm about to drop this crap, because I can't enjoy the game at all.

If you're out there grinding, and you had a debt alert after every battle, I'm pretty sure you'd stop grinding. This is exactly what is happening to me. I've even payed off the debts of 50-100k-150k in full and I still get this!

WizardofHoth
8 months ago#8
the debt gimmick in Xillia 2 is easy.

Deal with it.,
Later in the game you are rewarded for paying it off.

Crimeny
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. First playthrough, and f**k this debt.
  • Topic Archived