Is there some sort of minimum cat amount to get Cat Tails?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. Is there some sort of minimum cat amount to get Cat Tails?

User Info: Core1019

Core1019
1 year ago#1
No idea how many times I've sent them to Trigleph (+Marksburg) and not got them, at least 30+ times (send them while playing other stuff). I've only got 20 cats, is that not enough to get the weapons or something (got the guns no prob)? Not far enough in game to have items that increase rare chance, but have been trying with area bonus on

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
1 year ago#2
It just odds.
Less cats less odds.
Max cats better odds.
Or kitty items and certain days
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

Core1019
1 year ago#3
I take that to mean there's no 0% chance if you have below a certain number of cats?

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
1 year ago#4
Core1019 posted...
I take that to mean there's no 0% chance if you have below a certain number of cats?

Doubtful, but it's so random at times.
Sometimes you get nothing but crap...
Then bam rare item.
It's simply rolling the rng die until you get something good.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

Core1019
1 year ago#5
Just an update in case anyone else is wondering this late after release: I was absolutely not able to get either Trigleph or Marksburg weapons until I started Chapter 7 main scenario with 35 cats with Area bonus: all areas. Once I did I got both on the first attempt.

Given the amount of times i tried before then (I'm guessing 70+, at least the very least), I seriously doubt they're obtainable before then.

Edit a few seconds after typing this: the same goes for Hamil, suddenly first attempt. I don't know whether the blasters were just a bug or whatever, because these certainly seem to have been limited until now.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. Is there some sort of minimum cat amount to get Cat Tails?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived