• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: legefy

legefy
2 years ago#1
After playing through both xillia's I've still got no idea how to actually combo in either game. Closest I got were Cerberus strike Leia things in the first game. I'm sure that I'm just missing something with the masses of arts thrown at you and the element system. Anyway, how exactly are combos meant to flow in this one?
I need power over the people! The stupid, stupid people!

User Info: RubyHairedJin

RubyHairedJin
2 years ago#2
Combos flow better if the combo indicator on the right says 'Power Hit x '. This happens when you hit an enemy's weakness or strike after 'Power Charge 3'. To keep the combo going and smoothly you gotta switch your elements. Leia has Elemental Impulse so she has an easy way to start a combo. After casting Elemental Impulse go: Strike > Staff Rain > any other arte should get you started.

Here's my usual combo for Leia, after Elemental Impulse: Strike > Staff Rain > Ceberus Strike > Swallow Flight > Spiral Strike > Darting Claw

Usually after Darting Claw the enemy is sometimes in a weird spot so the combo flow changes.
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia 2 & FF: Record Keeper.

legefy
2 years ago#3
That much I know but I'm still totally lost when it comes to getting the weird random elemental arts in a chain to try and keep that extended hitstun going.
I'll try setting elemental impulse more often though, I've neglected that for sharpness almost every time XD It was the same in vesperia. Played Patty near non-stop yet fancy elements still sits in her pool of forgotten arts~

User Info: Sardrellas

Sardrellas
2 years ago#4
About four fifths of the artes you use in the game will combo into each other, excluding spells that aren't sped up by spell combo.

Every character can combo, and sometimes, dash jumping into an arte is mandatory. Example with Leia: Sometimes, you'll drop your combo if you try to use Crescent Flash on the ground. Dash jumping into an aerial Crescent Flash is a lot faster and carries your combo, assuming the enemy isn't dick-short. If an arte is too slow, try jumping into it to make it faster (ESPECIALLY with Milla). Increase your arte usage too. A lot of artes get more hits the more you use them, and that helps you combo better.

Xillia 1 does not allow you to perfectly combo people because of counters. That just forces you to move around more and actually try to not get hit - something I personally love. - Xillia 2 just lets you abuse power combos.

Also if you wanna learn Leia, just watch frubam's youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/frubam/playlists Leia is super easy to learn.

Also combos don't "flow better" with a power hit. Enemies stay staggered for the same amount of time for both power hits and regular hits. Power hits just start power combos in Xillia 2, that's it. That's not "flowing better," its "basically infinite combo material."

So to answer your question, combos are supposed to flow with you hitting a weakness, probably through power charge, followed by you repeating the same exact combo you always use on enemies to rack up damage, max the power combo multiplier out, followed by a mystic arte or two. Get good at that, and 0% of the enemies in the game will be a threat on all difficulties because power combos are boring and broken.

legefy
2 years ago#5
Thank you for the recommendation. I knew you could get a lot of mobility using Leia's arts but what Frubam can do with her is ridiculous XD I'll try adding a few of the arts I see him perform and mess around a little with mobs, I'll try the jump cancelling techniques too~

User Info: Sardrellas

Sardrellas
2 years ago#6
Lovely to hear, good luck getting gud mate.
  • Topic Archived