Battle Mechanics 101 and FAQ

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. Battle Mechanics 101 and FAQ

User Info: Xarius478

Xarius478
3 years ago#51
thelovefist posted...
Lots of the info in this is incomplete or flat out wrong. Smh gamefaqs...
hopefully new admin cleans garbage like this up. This site used to be a credible source for info.

Please let me know what information is incorrect or incomplete. As Xiaoyu said, I'm aware that I didn't mention that you need to leave the Coliseum for new ranks to appear, and I apologize for that.

Outside of that, I'm aware that the FAQ does not have the exact conditions to unlock the various ranks at the Coliseum, which is why I listed them as unconfirmed. I was actually planning on testing that for myself soon, as I've now reached the appropriate point in my NG+.

If there's anything else that's missing or incorrect, please let me know. I'm more than willing to own up to any mistakes that I made, but if you just claim that information is incorrect or incomplete without specifying what's actually wrong, you're not helping anybody.
(edited 3 years ago)
It would be very helpful to mention the overlevel-"protection" system and a list of Elite Monsters ranked after their level to give folks a little help by increasing EXP efficiency

Xarius478
3 years ago#53
SolidusDiabolos posted...
It would be very helpful to mention the overlevel-"protection" system and a list of Elite Monsters ranked after their level to give folks a little help by increasing EXP efficiency

We unfortunately can't edit any of the original posts at this point, but we could still consolidate such information in this thread.

For level scaling, I believe there's a 10% experience reduction for each level that your average party level is above the average enemy level, up to a maximum of 80%. Note that if a boss summons minions, those minions will factor into this, and will likely decrease the average enemy level, reducing the experience gained.

As for the Elite Monster levels, I believe LightOfJudgment has a list, but I don't have it. Someone else can post it here if they have it.
Here's the list. I've amended it to add which bosses can summon minions. As always, it is not an exact list since there is slight variation in levels between files.

Moralzamm (78, summon)
Veywind Eye (78)
Heavy Claw (83)
Veywind Stinger (91, summon)
Radiant Horn (95, summon)
Graddic Claw (100)
Dark Teagle (111, summon)
Arrow Folzam (119, summon)
Bluetaur (119, summon)
Hammerzamm (120, summon)
Krudis Eye (120, summon)
Fortune Stepper (121, summon)
Wind Racer (121)
Cthulhu Demon (132)
Scorpactus (135)
Magma Dragon (137)
Greater Demon (141)
Goddess Touch (145)
Vampiric Plant (146)
Exoplasma (151)
Hydro Blade (163)
Ghastly Stump (164)
Snow Cougar (168, summon)
Siennabronc (176 if you fight it on Sapstrath Highroad)
Time to wake up and smell reality.
(edited 3 years ago)
Xarius478 posted...
SolidusDiabolos posted...

We unfortunately can't edit any of the original posts at this point, but we could still consolidate such information in this thread.

Another point for putting this into the FAQ section I´d say and to be fair, a minus point for gamefaqs for allowing us to edit posts only for 1 day... anyway, what you state is indeed right, I know about that and hence why I thought it´d be worth noting the most for those who have no official guide where this is stated and LightOfJudgment also deserves our thanks for even updating that list btw, it´s such a shame that such short but very helpful lists can not be posted in the FAQ section (apparently) but instead must be copy&pasted

User Info: delta_12

delta_12
3 years ago#56
I do not get why gfaqs need to put some restrain in editing ability since this is a site focus on game, not a debate site.
I wonder if higher mod or admin like Krystal has the ability to edit an old OP, just in case there's some additional material need to add or edit etc, to counter certain pouting post like before.
If they does, since this is a sticky topic, perhaps it's worth a shot to pm them to edit if there's certain material to add or edit later?
Another thing worth mentioning for leveling purpose is that any FDs/Character Chapters only scale with you up to the 70's and 75 for the later ones. I found out about that when I decided to do them all (except a few missable) at the end of the game at a level beyond 100 so it should be nice to know that you shouldn´t postpone them too much for simply that reason (level scaling)

Xarius478
3 years ago#58
The requirements to unlock the Tag ranks at the Coliseum are incorrect. I've now confirmed the correct ones:

Tag mode:

Novice: Automatically unlocked upon reaching Xian Du.

Advanced: Finish Chapter 12, and complete Novice Tag three times.

Elite: Finish the game, and complete Advanced Tag three times.
You must leave the Coliseum to get a skit which will make the Elite ranks available.

Note that the characters used are irrelevant; any characters can be used, including just the same ones repeatedly.

I have not confirmed the Elite Monsters required to unlock the Party ranks, but I have no reason to believe that the following is false:

Party mode:

Novice: Complete Novice Tag, and beat the following Elite Monsters:
Scorpactus, Veywind Eye, Heavy Claw, Greater Demon, Radiant Horn, Moralzamm, Graddic Claw, Bluetaur

Advanced: Finish Chapter 12, unlock Novice Party, and beat the following Elite Monsters:
Ghastly Stump, Arrow Folzam, Veywind Stinger, Krudis Eye, Exoplasma, Hammerzamm, Wind Racer, Dark Teagle

Elite: Finish the game, unlock Advanced Party, and beat every Elite Monster except Siennabronc.
You must leave the Coliseum to get a skit which will make the Elite ranks available.

User Info: misterroboto1

misterroboto1
3 years ago#59
What's the formula you (Xiaoyu) used to figure out the iron stance penetrate value for each arte? I know that hungry hunter is awesome, but I'd like to know some alternatives for guns and swords and for other elements. For example: Outlander has the "increases chance to inflict "Iron Stance Break"" property after 2810 Earth and Light Points, yet it still sucks major rear-end.
misterroboto1 posted...
What's the formula you (Xiaoyu) used to figure out the iron stance penetrate value for each arte?

Probably the Prima Guide+Own testing to ensure efficiency of those with higher values. Given that I´d use Moonlight Assault as arcane arte which can be chained into itself and Time Disintegration as cheap arte. Endless Waltz can also break any iron stance but only the kick can do that. For the guns, Wings of Destruction, another arcane arte can chain into itself and Zero Divide should be especially good as cheap arte.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. Battle Mechanics 101 and FAQ

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.