You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. Battle Mechanics 101 and FAQ

User Info: Arc166

Arc166
4 years ago#31
Stickied

:D
Thesilverwind posted...
Best. free. guide. ever.

FTFY ;) There is still the Official Prima Guide which is comprehensive and only has a few flaws but indeed, this guide is very welcome and the effort is greatly appreciated. I as rather new user can only wonder why this does not belong to the other FAQs but well... don´t mind me

Arc166
4 years ago#33
Prolly 'cause its neither detailed enough to be a general guide or or focused enough for the in-depth faqs part

For the most part its just repeating stuff other people posted or the game itself tells you so its really not something I could see being accepted as an actual faq. As part of one, sure.

And this isn't me knocking Xiaoyu's work. Stuff like this just never seems to be made into actual facts. Kinda sad rlly. Its useful info and I gotta imagine there are a lot of people who never click the forum

User Info: Xiaoyu420

Xiaoyu420
4 years ago#34
The main purpose of the sticky topic is to alleviate the boards from having similar topics made on the same subject over and over again (I don't understand weakness system/why cant I dispatch my kitty kitty?), It was made specifically to be on the boards for that reason, so it wouldn't make as much sense for it to be in the guide section.
Xiaoyu420's Xillia tutorial, exhibition, and challenges YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKJynNokJm8bKOBEPyw4fXA
(edited 4 years ago)

User Info: Xarius478

Xarius478
4 years ago#35
LightOfJudgment posted...
Here's a quick list of where to get the items you'd otherwise have to custom order:

Accel: Cress (Coliseum) - Elite Party or Elite Tag leading with Jude or Leia (must complete EX Dungeon first)
Red Cape: Stahn (Coliseum) - Elite Party or Elite Tag leading with Gaius or Alvin (must complete EX Dungeon first
Omega Elixir: Mint (Coliseum) -Elite Party or Elite Tag leading with Rowen or Elize (must complete her quest) or stolen from Siennabronc (EX version also works)
Hunter's Monocle: Rutee (Coliseum) - Elite Party or Elite Tag leading with Milla or Muzét (must complete her quest)
Alexandrite/Blue Sephira: final opponent in Elite Tag Arena, lead with Ludger, must defeat prior opponents within six minutes. I also believe must have previously won at this rank to make him appear, though this is immaterial for farming purposes.
Hourglass: Rowen/Gaius in Elite Tag arena
All-Divide: Milla/Muzét in Elite Tag arena

Great post.

I also like how long your credits section is in the FAQ. :P

The FAQ wouldn't be as thorough without your help. Thanks again.
Xiaoyu420 posted...
The main purpose of the sticky topic is to alleviate the boards from having similar topics made on the same subject over and over again (I don't understand weakness system/why cant I dispatch my kitty kitty?), It was made specifically to be on the boards for that reason, so it wouldn't make as much sense for it to be in the guide section.

Wait... isn´t that, those question are being posted over and over again, because there is a serious lack of guides and FAQs (almost all being a simple walkthrough)? It´s been some time since I seen a question-thread about Kitty Dispatch and I doubt that those few which pop up are from those who (would) read this FAQ or the guides and FAQ under the FAQ section. I indeed also know that many people can act quite stupid in terms of finding answers and in many other terms but I´m quite sure that it is as I said and so it´s merely about the quality of a FAQ and not location, especially splitting FAQs over two sections is rather counterproductive in the long run.

User Info: Partikkel

Partikkel
4 years ago#37
I might add "Catstantine the Third" to the list of missables. I know it is kind of implied with the "Meeting With Julius" sidequest, but my dumbass still managed to wind up at 99/100 during my first playthrough. Just a note to have people search Duvall as soon as that quest starts might save some headache.

Xarius478 posted...

I also like how long your credits section is in the FAQ. :P

The FAQ wouldn't be as thorough without your help. Thanks again.

Agreed. Awesome work and keeping it classy.

User Info: zhaoyun99

zhaoyun99
4 years ago#38
Much appreciated for your contribution, Xiaoyu. Both in Xillia 1 and 2. Hope things gone well with you and Jin, LOL.
"Another has fallen to my spear!!!" Zhao Yun

User Info: SamsSung

SamsSung
4 years ago#39
Am close to the ending, I think, but this guide is still quite helpful. Thanks, TC!
I hate carrying water.
Bracing self. Expiration date is coming.

Arc166
4 years ago#40
Does he get a second copy of sky soldier at maximum leia? 'cause I have sky soldier on ludger and I only have 6 hearts for her
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. Battle Mechanics 101 and FAQ