• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. Why was Tales of Eternia renamed Tales of Destiny 2 in the West?

User Info: hijokaiden

hijokaiden
5 years ago#1
Thats kinda like false advertisment and it made us miss out on the actual Tales of Destiny 2...
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.

User Info: Goul111

Goul111
5 years ago#2
He-Man, and the Master of the Universe.
Sengoku Basara for the new Toonami Block, spread the word.

User Info: Ada_tan

Ada_tan
5 years ago#3
Mm-hm. Copyrights did it.
"Gamble the sword and heart, and make this fight's life an accomplishment. That is the answer I have found." -- Himura Kenshin

User Info: goodusername444

goodusername444
5 years ago#4
Kind of silly if you ask me, cuz I remember hearing someone talk about Eternia ingame...
Vegh is a god among men. His advice has helped 10s of people, myself included. It is because of this that I have founded the Church of Vegh:www.deeznotz.edu

User Info: HeroGod

HeroGod
5 years ago#5
I'm remember reading that it was because that they wanted to make sure that people would know that it was the same series as Tales of Destiny.
The official Badass Wurmple of the Pokemon X board!

User Info: themasterllwork

themasterllwork
5 years ago#6
Note it is "Tales of Destiny II" as the EN title for Tales of Eternia.
"Tales of Destiny 2" is the actual sequel (Kyle as the semi-hero).
[ http://www.youtube.com/masterll | http://twitch.tv/themasterll ]
(MasterLL @ work ~ Swyping on Galaxy S2)

User Info: Aysander

Aysander
5 years ago#7
endgel posted...
I'm remember reading that it was because that they wanted to make sure that people would know that it was the same series as Tales of Destiny.

Nah, it was because of He-Man's world being named Eternia, which nowadays would be a laughable excuse, seeing as the newer copyright laws are somewhat more efficient.
Okay, we got the Neptune Action Game, NOW I'm not changing this specific part of my signature until we get a Tales of Legendia R in English.

User Info: hijokaiden

hijokaiden
5 years ago#8
themasterllwork posted...
Note it is "Tales of Destiny II" as the EN title for Tales of Eternia.

OMG! That changes everything. No one would release Tales of Eternia as Tales of Destiny II and then release Tales of Destiny 2 as actually... Tales of Destiny 2 while saying "This time, its REALLY Tales of Destiny sequel!".
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.

User Info: badboy

badboy
5 years ago#9
In North America only. In Europe, it was released as Eternia (on PSP; the PS1 ver wasn't released there).

User Info: Havic101

Havic101
5 years ago#10
They could have just called it Tales of Eternity.
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/tokkurin/imgs/9/c/9c4f54ce.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Xillia 2
  3. Why was Tales of Eternia renamed Tales of Destiny 2 in the West?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers