• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Home (2012)
  3. What I submitted to /whathappened

User Info: TheSuperBen

TheSuperBen
8 years ago#1
Who knows if they'll publish it, but this was my honest thoughts. (Spoilers, I guess.)

I was incredibly angry. After awakening in a strange place, navigating smelly sewers, dealing with a creepy forest where I swore I saw eyes watching me, painfully reliving my old workplace, finding a friend dead... I never received any closure. I never truly knew what happened--who REALLY killed everyone? Was Rachel really dead? What was honestly going on? What was the point of it all? In the end I got no answers, no conclusion. Just some lame, faux-artsy narrative suggesting it was up to me to decide what happened, and I had to fill in too many blanks myself. "What a total ripoff," I thought. "All that for nothing. It's like those 'open-ended' movies where the director wanted viewers to draw their own conclusions, despite the fact that we were watching HIS story, not ours. We want to know what the truth was, but it avoids us."

Unbelievable.

User Info: WalrusIam

WalrusIam
8 years ago#2
Yeah, my experience was the same as yours, I just thought after finishing, that I must've missed something, cos like you, i didnt get any closure

User Info: KGhaleon

KGhaleon
8 years ago#3
lol, don't be a poor sport.

==*spoilers*==

Not sure about you guys, but in my ending it clearly said that Rachel was dead after you find her body. I'm planning to play through it a second time so I can get the stuff I missed, there were many unanswered questions which I think can be solved if inspect everything...all those boarded doors and that hole in the factory.

You find receipts in some of the rooms, and it becomes clear that the receipt was for two train tickets. Later you find luggage in your house suggesting that someone was planning to leave. Was Rachel cheating and planning to run away with Normen? Why was your credit card hidden in the forest? Did the lead character kill everyone? Not sure but it makes me want to play through again and figure it out.

Really cool game.

KGhaleon
8 years ago#4
Also if it wasn't obvious, this isn't actually a horror game. It's a murder mystery style story. You're suppose to play detective and figure it out yourself.

It's only a $2 game man. :D

User Info: jonsushi

jonsushi
8 years ago#5
lol, don't be a poor sport.

==*spoilers*==

Not sure about you guys, but in my ending it clearly said that Rachel was dead after you find her body.

You may have found her body. I didn't. Then the game ended. Pretty much like the TC said. So...?

Also, how is he being a poor sport? LOL. He really only stated facts that happened to him (and me). I'm not really sure how explaining what happened qualifies as the TC being a "poor sport". Not everyone chose the same answers as you did.
Playing: BF3(PS3), MGS 1-3
Wants: Mark of the Ninja, Borderlands 2, Halo 4, Dishonored, HL3

KGhaleon
8 years ago#6
From his post it sounds like he has no intention to play through it again, and that's why I say he's a poor sport. This is the kind of game you need to play through a few times to properly analyze the story and understand what happened.

User Info: TheSuperBen

TheSuperBen
8 years ago#7
KGhaleon posted...
Also if it wasn't obvious, this isn't actually a horror game. It's a murder mystery style story. You're suppose to play detective and figure it out yourself.

It's only a $2 game man. :D

KG, I get what you're saying and I don't want to start a retarded flame war, but I have to disagree with you on a few points. I say this IS a horror game, after all, it's own website is "homehorror.com". Yes, it's got murder mystery elements, but to me it came down to this: does anything TRULY get resolved? It's all left ambiguous in the end, ultimately leaving the whole game a total mystery in the first place.

And I'm sorry man, but I hate it when people say don't get emotional because "it's just a game." True, it is a game. But so is baseball, and people can get very emotional over it! (Hell, just look at the Cubs-Nationals game tonight! Three bench-clears and a brawl? Wow.) That said, it's still time and money spent on something that ultimately left me frustrated, despite the low cost.

Jonsushi said it pretty well, it was my interpretation, and you had yours.
  1. Boards
  2. Home (2012)
  3. What I submitted to /whathappened
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A