• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice: Gods Among Us
  3. Really disappointed with this game. (Spoiler warning).

User Info: Rapham0n

Rapham0n
4 years ago#1
So after finally actually getting into the game I must say I am rather disappointed. I really feel like this game was rushed. Not only that but some of the design decisions the developers made are just really bad.

Let me start off by saying what I like about the game. It's fun to play if you happen to have a group of friends who all play the game together and then you and your group just dive in and take turns to play against each other and just mash buttons and go crazy.

Now the stuff that I don't like about the game.

-The story. The story is way WAY too damn short. It should have been a lot longer and it should have had way more content. Also, (aside from the DLC characters) all of the characters on the left side of the character select screen (in other words all of the heroes) should have had a chapter in the story. Why does The Joker get a chapter in the story? He is one of the villains. And his chapter is longer than that of any other character. Also since when can Joker best Batman in a fight? That is one of the lamest things ever. Also, I am convinced that whoever wrote this game's story hates women. In the entire story mode only one of the female characters is playable. Which is Wonder Woman. Not only that but throughout the entire story mode Wonder Woman gets completely pwned by just about every villain in every encounter. Add to that the fact that all of the females who make an appearance in story mode are for the most part depicted as being either helpless or useless. I can't believe people can actually get away with stories like this in modern times. It's a damn miracle this game did not get any flack for the way women are portrayed in the story mode. It's an even bigger miracle that they got away with depicting Wonder Woman as useless and someone who gets ROFL-stomped by almost every villain in the game. The story also does very little to explain stuff. Things like the strength pills and who really brought the heroes from one universe to another are never really fully explained. It's also never explained why the Wonder Woman from the Regime universe turned into such a psychotic b****. A lot of things are just left completely unexplained. The story is riddled with holes. A lot of characters should have been given bigger parts in the story. A prime example is Harley Quinn. It feels like she was supposed to have a much larger role in the story, but then the developers decided to cut it at the last minute. This game's story pales in comparison to Mortal Kombat 9. Compared to Injustice the story in MK9 is a masterpiece.

-CONTINUED IN NEXT POST-

User Info: Rapham0n

Rapham0n
4 years ago#2
-CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST-
-The artificial intelligence. The AI in this game is some of the most predictable and lazy AI ever seen in any fighting game. The AI will ALWAYS, ALWAYS initiate a clash if its super meter is full or near full and you do a combo on it. It will also ALWAYS, ALWAYS wager its entire super meter for the clash. The correct way of doing this is to make the amount the AI wagers be random. But no, this game is set so that the AI always wagers its entire meter in any clash. Dumb, predictable, lazy, cheap AI.

-Extremely limited number of arenas/stages/backgrounds to fight in. Sure, most of the arenas have level transitions, but that does not eliminate the fact that there are very few arenas in this game. And the novelty of the level transitions and background interactives wears off pretty fast and then they just become boring.

-Spelling and grammar mistakes. The entire game is riddled with both spelling and grammar mistakes. I will admit my spelling and grammar needs work, but in a video game that was made by (supposedly) people who know what they are doing and that I paid money for I expect them to be professional and at least spell-check their product before releasing it.

-The character roster. Some of the DLC characters should have been in the main game to begin with. Some characters from the DC universe should have been in the game but they are completely missing. A lot of characters that did not make it on to the character roster could have been made to have cameo appearances in story mode, and yet they don't. Netherrealm Studios really dropped the ball on this one.

-The mobile game gets more support from the developer/publisher than the console game. Even to this day they are still bringing out new stuff for the mobile game, while they stopped bringing out new stuff for the console game barely a year after its release. The mobile game has its own official forums while the console game does not. WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT?!?

-The Star Labs Missions. In Mortal Kombat 9 the Challenge Tower was fun. In Injustice the Star Labs Missions are frustrating. There is absolutely no enjoyment to be had while playing the Star Labs Missions because they made them so damn frustrating.

-The characters don't play fun. In Mortal Kombat 9 pretty much all of the characters are fun to use. (The only one that is not fun to use is Kratos). In Injustice there are only around two or three characters that is actually fun to use. The rest are not fun to play with at all.

-No tag mode. Mortal Kombat 9 had an excellent tag mode and excellent tag mechanics. Why doesn't injustice have a tag mode?

-Character movement doesn't feel right. Character movement in Injustice feels sticky and clunky. Movement in MK9 was way better.

There are more things that I really don't like about injustice, but I'll post them up later if I have the time.

The bottom line is this game could have been so much better if NRS and WB had put the same amount of effort and time into it that they did with MK9. It really is a shame, because this could have been a great game. NRS and WB need to stop wasting their time on the mobile crap and get back to focusing on making their console games great.

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
4 years ago#3
Get good scrub.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg

User Info: JAYDAKID977

JAYDAKID977
4 years ago#4
any game with supez in it is WINNER
get to teh choppa.... nao

User Info: loucifer86

loucifer86
4 years ago#5
JAYDAKID977 posted...

Pretty sure this is the FIRST game with superman in it that didn't suck big time. First I've played, anyway.
don't just hear it, feel it!

User Info: JAYDAKID977

JAYDAKID977
4 years ago#6
loucifer86 posted...
JAYDAKID977 posted...

Pretty sure this is the FIRST game with superman in it that didn't suck big time. First I've played, anyway.

what about superman 64?
get to teh choppa.... nao
if you want to save your friends solve my maze -Lex Luthor

User Info: KCJ5062

KCJ5062
4 years ago#7
Honestly, the only DLC character I felt that should have been in the initial roster was MMH. The others weren't really mandatory. Especially not Scorpion.

But I think some of these criticisms are a bit nitpicky. Like your complaint about Joker getting a chapter in the storymode. Why shouldn't he get one just because he's a villain?
It's amazing how people hang around message boards of games they don't like

User Info: loucifer86

loucifer86
4 years ago#8
JAYDAKID977 posted...
loucifer86 posted...
JAYDAKID977 posted...

what about superman 64?

Never played it, and considering its been reviewed as the biggest pile of crap this side of the Atari ET game, well...
don't just hear it, feel it!

User Info: WizardofHoth

WizardofHoth
4 years ago#9
Even I don't like the whole Star Labs stuff. Doing things here and there such as avoiding kryptonite bullets in a few seconds or whatever. The dlc alternate costumes are cool but unnecessary such as the Cavill Man of Steel costume

User Info: joemoetoe

joemoetoe
4 years ago#10
The game is imbalanced as f*** too
  1. Boards
  2. Injustice: Gods Among Us
  3. Really disappointed with this game. (Spoiler warning).
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A