• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Uriel - Draconic Reaction or Force Drain/Repel

User Info: Sorontar

Sorontar
2 months ago#1
If Uriel is to have the following skills:

Kannuki-Throw
Dark Energy
Charge
Phys Pierce
High Phys Pleroma
Phys Pleroma
Bloody Glee

Which of Draconic Reaction or a Force void should I go with? As he is neutral to most damage types, it seems I'd get more out of Draconic? Or does being at +2/3 negate Draconic (does Draconic stack with Sukukaja)?

BTW, the Archangel designs in this are amazing. I thought I might want to transfer Kannuki to Metatron until I actually saw Uriel. That and fixing Metatron's skillset fully is either impossible or a huge pain. His resists are solo good though (as usual).

Appreciate the input.
(edited 2 months ago)

Sorontar
2 months ago#2
I'm also wondering... Given that Flynn can't really compete with endgame/dlc demons, should I just keep Occult Flash (whee lucky skill change) instead of swapping it for Deadly Fury? Seems it is a better random battle sweeper because I have a decent chunk of luck. Like, shouldn't it still instant kill even heavily phys resistant demons as long as it isn't blocked?

User Info: Kuuko

Kuuko
2 months ago#3
I'm not positive how Draconic Reaction interacts with agility buffs. But looking at the Uriel I made many years ago I did go with Draconic Reaction over covering the Force weakness. My logic at the time was that I would cover Force and all of the other elements with the other two demons supporting Uriel in the fight so that a hit-all attack would wipe out all of the enemies press turns even if it hits Uriel's weakness. In my case the team is Uriel, Cu Chulainn, and Frost Ace, which reflects all 4 elements between the three of them. MC with Nibelungen and Capote Earrings reflects Phys and Gun too. The only way Uriel's weakness could really be exploited then is if a Force attack targeted him and him alone, or if his HP happened to already be very low and the extra damage from the Force weakness was just enough to push a move into killing him.

On your second question, again I'm not positive how the mechanics work on Occult Flash and whether Luck really scales it up to such a high auto-kill chance. But I don't think it really matters. You have a Uriel with Kannuki Throw so obviously you have access to all sorts of ways you can wipe any random battle in this game in one attack. Megidolaon, Antichthon, probably Desperate Hit, etc. Or even just Star Tarantella / Deadly Fury. Most demons don't reflect phys or gun so you could just keep the hit-all move and not use it when the uncommon scenario pops up that something reflects it.
http://i.imgur.com/dzGMd.png
(edited 2 months ago)

Sorontar
2 months ago#4
Well, I'm still only like 60 going through the main game. So I don't have all that quite yet. Just trying to get it settled in my head in advance.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Uriel - Draconic Reaction or Force Drain/Repel
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A