• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Walter question, is this your doing? Going for neutral ending

User Info: ANARCHYRULZ

ANARCHYRULZ
2 months ago#1
Asks after you rescue vip people from tower

In truth....

I plead ignorance..

I didnt not see this question in any alignment walkthrough, is it significant?
Is it not ironic how time is infinite yet so limited?

User Info: astralmeson

astralmeson
2 months ago#2
Honestly, I don't know, but the individual ones aren't well documented and could very well be missing from the guide. It's far from definitive. The guide doesn't even mention that right before the route split, there's an automatic +5 from Law due to choosing to oppose the White.

I'd say just follow this outline: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/672441-shin-megami-tensei-iv/66811622. Generally pick the first option to balance things out. Check in with the man at the Hunter's Association regularly, and try to end up being slightly chaotic before the route split (last chance to check is before you start Blasted Tokyo). When you hit the route split (end of Infernal Tokyo), take the big boost to law to end up in Neutral territory from being a few points into Chaos.

User Info: ANARCHYRULZ

ANARCHYRULZ
2 months ago#3
Sorry but that way too many paragraphs lol

I used this

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/672441-shin-megami-tensei-iv/68499903

I dont think question i had doubts about had any weight, i still got neutral and isabeau woke me up

What i didnt know was that you could get beelzebub and still neutral ending.

I thought he was chaos only but i just saw someone do it so go figure lol

Is it not ironic how time is infinite yet so limited?

User Info: astralmeson

astralmeson
2 months ago#4
ANARCHYRULZ posted...
Sorry but that way too many paragraphs lol

Read post #3. My link is literally shorter than yours and tells you where specifically to adjust alignment. You can basically skip worrying about alignment until Ginza, which isn't too far before Blasted Tokyo/the route split, then just quickly check with the hunter twice. Also lets you do challenge quests throughout the game, which give a nice level of rewards, Macca, etc. and some of which are required to actually finish the Neutral ending later. Better off doing those sidequests early. In terms of ranges, due to +15 Law vs -5 Chaos, being slightly Chaos oriented is strictly better and gives more wiggle room to end up in Neutral than staying within Neutral or going from Law downwards. Yours is like "yolo early steps by choosing the first options, but here are some very specific steps after that." Either way certainly works, but one is more consistent and allows for better leeway. You also don't need to worry about Issachar adjustment.
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Walter question, is this your doing? Going for neutral ending
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A