• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Did i mess up my flynn build?

User Info: ANARCHYRULZ

ANARCHYRULZ
3 months ago#1
Big nocturne fane here and i went in blind with this one

My flynn has

Str 40
Dex 15
Mag 40
Agl 50
Luck 20

I wanted a physical build but it is garbage in this game. I dont feel the impact in my physical attacks. I thought dex was mostly for guns but i guess not

Should have gone magic. My skills are all 4 elements and media. Despite my stats, flynn is the mvp of team. He can abuse any elemental weakness.

Any respec in this game?
Is it not ironic how time is infinite yet so limited?

User Info: Kuuko

Kuuko
3 months ago#2
No respec, besides NG+ where the game lets you choose between keeping your level/stats or going back to level 1. Honestly it's probably fine. You're not in that far so there's time to divert more to MAG if you want. Further in the game your demons can start to outpace you anyway since Flynn can't learn any passive skills.

As an aside, SMTIV:A fixes the really dumb STR/DEX thing to make it more like how you expected it to be. It is silly how it goes in SMTIV.
http://i.imgur.com/dzGMd.png

User Info: ANARCHYRULZ

ANARCHYRULZ
3 months ago#3
Yea i just learned agilao, bufula and zanma. About to learn zionga

Probably gonna pump dex/magic from now on. This is my first 3ds game and probably main reason i got a 2dsxl. I know atlus has released a ton of smt games here
Is it not ironic how time is infinite yet so limited?

User Info: Cogito

Cogito
3 months ago#4
str is weaksauce in smt iv. it has half the effect of dex for physical and gun skills.
iv final makes it even dumber by splitting physical skill away from gun skill formula.

if flynn uses magic in iv, demons will not outpace you that easily. why? lv 30+ flynn can have over 100 mag stat while a magic build demon at 30s typically has base 50+ magic stats. a 50 mag difference is a 75 damage difference and +8 adds another 24 damage to magic skills.
Hito wa mikake ni yoranu mono
http://imgur.com/cFMo9gI
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Did i mess up my flynn build?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A