• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Gonna give this another shot, anything I should know ahead of time?

User Info: Darkastral

Darkastral
4 months ago#1
I pre-ordered this game and put probably ~20 hours or so into it right after it came out, but something about the game just seemed off to me. I can't really put my finger on it. I love Nocturne, Strange Journey, DDS, and the Persona games to death, but this one didn't hit right.

I'm going through my backlog right now with all this Covid stuff, and decided I'd give it another shot. Is there anything I should know going in this time? Probably going straight magic nuke with my MC.
Not changing this signature until a new Breath of Fire game is announced
Started 2/8/12

User Info: Cogito

Cogito
4 months ago#2
for magic flynn,
1. use tier 1 magic. as long you pump mag stat at a fixed rate, it is far more cost efficient than higher tier magic. basically, you can use mabufu until endgame.
higher tier magic only add a base amount of damage which is not affected by mag stat. furthermore, +8 magic adds 24 more base damage and -2 to mp cost. changing to a new skill means you start at +0 again, meaning you lose the bonus damage until you demon whisper it back.
when your mp recovery is excessive or you are bored, then consider upgrading to tier 2.

2. ailment can be combo'd with talk skills. from zeruel,
Negotiate + Sleep = free flee
Plead + Sleep = free heal
Chitchat + Panic = free loss of enemy turns
Trade + Panic = free items
Fundraise + Bind = free money
Hito wa mikake ni yoranu mono
http://imgur.com/cFMo9gI

User Info: theimortal2

theimortal2
2 months ago#3
the opening dungeon is way f**king harder than it was when it first came out.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Gonna give this another shot, anything I should know ahead of time?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A