• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Why Chaos was the best outcome imo

User Info: Pokerl

Pokerl
6 months ago#31
Cogito posted...
you can. smt iv is a retelling of smt i and smt ii.
smt iv uses demonoids used in smt ii
smt iv final made it even more obvious when you find out two certain entities are halves of satan and the diamond realm. the smt heroes were pulled in there.

Cogito posted...
smt iv final made it even more obvious when you find out two certain entities are halves of satan and the diamond realm. the smt heroes were pulled in there.

Cogito posted...
Smt 4 is not a retelling. Just because it has several references to the original games does not mean they are related in any way.

User Info: Cogito

Cogito
6 months ago#32
what is your argument all of them are unrelated and completely disconnected? in your case, you will first need to disprove the expanse.

the expanse itself already tells you there are more than one world out there in smt iv and you taking both walter's path and jonathan's path before route spilt is confirmed in the actual storyline.

this is already confirmed in smt iii that millions of worlds exist because the will of the universe desires so.
Hito wa mikake ni yoranu mono
http://imgur.com/cFMo9gI

Pokerl
6 months ago#33
Cogito posted...
what is your argument all of them are unrelated and completely disconnected? in your case, you will first need to disprove the expanse.

the expanse itself already tells you there are more than one world out there in smt iv and you taking both walter's path and jonathan's path before route spilt is confirmed in the actual storyline.

this is already confirmed in smt iii that millions of worlds exist because the will of the universe desires so.
The amala network and the expanse are just other worlds. They all exist but they have no impact on other worlds. What happens in one world doesn't mean that it will happen in other worlds.

Cogito
6 months ago#34
certain decisions create new worlds, which you do not understand when it is already explained in smt iv. flynn chose to go with jonathan and walter and both decisions merged when flynn entered the expanse. do you not know flynn already influenced two other worlds? it already happened and you did not pay attention to some of the most important story elements puts doubt you have played the game.

Pokerl
6 months ago#35
Cogito posted...
certain decisions create new worlds, which you do not understand when it is already explained in smt iv. flynn chose to go with jonathan and walter and both decisions merged when flynn entered the expanse. do you not know flynn already influenced two other worlds? it already happened and you did not pay attention to some of the most important story elements puts doubt you have played the game.

I get that other worlds in smt 4 have an impact on one another, that much is obvious. But I don’t think it was intended for every game to be connected. What happened in SMT 2 for example is probably not meant to have any impact on SMT 4.

Cogito
6 months ago#36
that was not obvious to you until i spoonfed it to you.

you already forgotten what i told you from the start and you still dont get the reason why millions of worlds are created is not for the sake of the same failed outcome. your thinking failed hard here. this is also a reason why one certain boss in smt iv final had to be struck down.

stephen is the same stephen that appeared in the games and the diamond realm event makes it obvious you didnt play the earlier games. not sure why you are arguing against the facts.

User Info: youshallbeasgod

youshallbeasgod
6 months ago#37
Cogito posted...
millions of worlds are created is not for the sake of the same failed outcome.
Exactly, it's not just recreating the same history forever. One of these worlds is going to strike the jackpot and jump right into the endgame. But it's not going to be the SMTIV Chaos path, that is certain.

Stephen is interesting, he's incredibly powerful and one of the driving forces in the game. He can easily wipe out every demon, angel and human with a simple gesture, but he knows that this would accomplish nothing.

But there's one thing I don't understand... The White. Their motives and pretty much everything about them. They want to erase the world? Why? I can almost understand: they are the ultimate nihilistic concept or something, except it doesn't make any sense.
Relax, it's just a game.

User Info: AmyK-47

AmyK-47
5 months ago#38
Exa_Man posted...
I hear what you're saying but I think you're placing too much hope in Flynn and mankind later on......but Lucifer doesn't seem as wicked in SMTIV's Tokyo/ timeline. And whatever mankind ends up doing, sounds leagues better than the total theocratic totalitarianism nightmare that is the Law ending. Is there any SMT game w/ a halfway decent Law ending? :|
If you want to stretch the meaning of halfway decent, the SMT 1 law and chaos endings arent too bad. Though that's mainly because the world is so f***ed that it's basically a question of "who do you want to remake the world? God, Lucifer, or you?"
Peanut butter and jelly sammich

User Info: Exa_Man

Exa_Man
5 months ago#39
AmyK-47 posted...
If you want to stretch the meaning of halfway decent, the SMT 1 law and chaos endings arent too bad. Though that's mainly because the world is so f***ed that it's basically a question of "who do you want to remake the world? God, Lucifer, or you?"

Sounds kinda like SMT Nocturne but an earlier version....
Not changing this sig until Disney surprises us with: STAR WARS: The Emperor's New Groove (or Force) or Capcom releases MM Legends 3 which is just as likely. :(

User Info: Troika19

Troika19
1 month ago#40
Pokerl posted...
Actually I thought the law ending in Devil Survivor Overclocked was really good. It was moderate law. I still thought Naoya's good end was the best possible outcome for humanity (New leader that hopefully doesn't unleash ordeals like God, demons are gone, people are able to return to the status quo), but Amane's law ending is still really good.

Going back to the topic though, the neutral ending didn't really accomplish much more than the chaos ending other than release the sun over Tokyo again. The sun rising scene gives you a false sense of hope. In the neutral ending the demons are still running around tokyo due to the expanse being opened. And Law and Chaos will rise again due to neither side being beaten. You've only postponed the conflict. Also, you still have the issue of who will lead the humans in the neutral ending. The ruler may not by Flynn, but they'll be met with very similar challenges.

The only ending that ends God's tyranny for good is the chaos ending, and it accomplishes basically the same things as the neutral ending other than the Sun rising.

I actually dislike the Overclocked ending because it felt like a cop out.

The original game made it pretty clear that it was God's law or else but then in OC the only people I recall being made an example of were cartoon levels of irredeemable.

Almost like the writers/devs got cold feet and toned it down.

Just my opinion.
Gamefaqs. Where people spend more time arguing about politics, than arguing about games. While the mods pick their arses.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Why Chaos was the best outcome imo
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A