• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Terminal Guardian's Alternate Dialogue (Spoilers)

User Info: Gipig

Gipig
5 years ago#1
The terminal guardian is a bit of an odd design decision. On one hand, the disguise he is in is determined by the location. On the other, the demons he summons are determined by how many times he has been fought. This means that he has 80 pieces of unique dialogue, most of which the majority of players will never see, if they even realize it exists. Moreover, all of it is voice acted. While I unfortunately have no way of recording the voice acting, I did write down all of the dialogue. This is strictly the text - keep in mind that there are certain nuances, inflections, and noises that aren't conveyed in the dialogue.

Since there's a fair amount of overlap in the dialogue, I've grouped fights 1 through 8 by location and indicated on which encounters certain lines are used. Fight 9 is presented separately, as it has more dialogue than the other fights. (Annoyingly, too much to fit more than one per post, even with some trimming.)

"//" just indicates a new dialogue box.

For reference, here are the fights:
1st - Koppa Tengu (Lv. 14) x2, Karasu Tengu (Lv. 20)
2nd - Pixie Horde (Lv. 23)
3rd - Ose (Lv. 24)
4th - Incubus (Lv. 28) x2, Kaiwan (Lv. 28)
5th - Orochi (Lv. 33)
6th - Kresnik (Lv. 65), Lanling Wang (Lv. 65), Cu Chulainn (Lv. 65)
7th - Frosts (Lv. 65)
8th - Mara (Lv. 75)
9th - Barong (Lv. 75), Rangda (Lv. 75)
9.5 - Shiva (Lv. 80)

Gipig
5 years ago#2
Ueno

(Always)
Voice: Yo, yo, yo! Hold it right there, young man! // You jumped right into this Domain like a moth bein' drawn to the fire.
(1st)
Earthy man: It's been twenty years since I started looking after the Terminals. Folks call me the Terminal Guardian.
(2nd through 4th)
Earthy man: People call me the... Wait, you again!? // Well, don't matter none... Just 'cause you got some skills don't mean you should let it go to your head!
(5th through 7th)
Earthy man: I knew you'd come, kid. There's no way I'd forget my number one enemy's face.
(8th)
Earthy man: There you are... Ever since you started showin' your face, my business has gone to pot! // You listen here! Puttin' food on the table for my family's no easy thing in this day and age!
(Always)
Seein' as how I've found you here, you'd better get fixin' to die. // Least you'll be fertilizer for the famous cherry trees here!
[Fight starts]
(1st)
Earthy man: Looks like you're all puffed up just 'cause you can handle yourself in a fight. // I think brats like you need to be taught their place with this horde of Tengu!
(2nd)
Earthy man: Think I'd better send a horde after a kid like you... // This one tends to lean towards prettier faces and doesn't pack as much of a punch... // But it'll be more than enough to stomp you flat!
(3rd)
Earthy man: Numbers aren't everything when it comes to a fight, after all. // The quality of a demon matters plenty. This one's a big, strong fella! He's ready and rarin' to fight! // Your goose is cooked this time for sure!
(4th)
Earthy man: I've been playing it a little too straight with you so far. I gotta throw in a few curveballs, too. // How do these guys look? Seem like the technical types, don't they? // They'll toy with you some... before they send you to hell!
(5th)
Earthy man: Since I just can't win with you, I've gotta lean on a big-name demon. // You know who this is, right? It's the one, the only, Yamata-no-Orochi! // What's that? You feel like you can't beat this thing? Of course you do! // Well then, it's time you die!
(6th)
Earthy man: This time, I've picked out a line of studs worthy to be my demons. // Oh, but they're not just pretty faces, of course. They've got the skills to back it up. // Let these pretty boys' looks fool you, and you'll get worse than bruises...
(7th)
Earthy man: I keep losing to you, so I'm pullin' out all the stops this time with the most powerful horde I got. // I'll freeze you jokers and sink you to the bottom of the Tokyo Bay.
(8th)
Earthy man: How about this intense demon? It's good ol' Mara, makin' his long-awaited appearance! // Even you won't be able to beat off this magnificent schlong. // He'll show no mercy 'til you go down! You're gonna be totally impotent before his power!
[After winning]
(1st)
Earthy man: Y-You bastard... Looks like you're no ordinary brat.
(1st through 7th)
It ain't gonna be like this next time! You better remember that!
(8th)
Earthy man: Even Mara can't beat you? Guess it really is all in how you use it... // Fine, the Terminal's yours.

Gipig
5 years ago#3
Kasumigaseki

(Always)
Guard-like man: Hey, you can't come in here! // Can't you see there's a Domain set up, kid? That's to keep intruders like you out!
(1st)
I've been looking after the Terminals for twenty years now. People call me the Terminal Guardian.
(2nd through 4th)
People call me the... Wait, what the!? Ugh, you again! // You just had to come and cause more trouble... You're definitely on my watch list!
(5th through 7th)
I knew you'd come... You're that rotten kid who's been raiding the Terminals. I know your face!
(8th)
You again...? Sheesh... // I've been in Dutch ever since you started showing up, and they cut my pay. // It's not like I can back down! I got a family to feed!
(Always)
And you've gotta have brass balls to mess with a Terminal under my protection. // I'll bury you in the dark alleys of Nagatacho without anyone knowing you're here!
[Fight starts]
(1st)
Guard-like man: Look at you, all puffed up because you can handle a fight. // Rotten kids like you need to be taught their place with this horde of Tengu!
(2nd)
Guard-like man: For a rotten kid like you, I'd better send a whole horde. // This one is mostly pretty faces and doesn't pack as much of a punch... // But it'll do the job, that's for sure!
(3rd)
Guard-like man: Numbers aren't everything in a fight. No sense bringing out a showy horde. // What matters is the quality of the demon. This one's big and strong... He'll do the trick! // You're finished this time for sure.
(4th)
Guard-like man: I've been playing it a little too straight with you so far. I gotta throw in a few curveballs, too. // What do you say to these guys? They're the technical type... // I'll let 'em toy with you a bit before they send you to hell!
(5th)
Guard-like man: Since I can't catch a break against you, my only choice now is to bring out a big-name demon. // You know who this is, right? It's the one, the only, Yamata-no-Orochi! // You feel like you can't beat this thing? Damn straight you can't! // Alright, kid, time to die!
(6th)
Guard-like man: This time, I've picked out the most handsome guys to be my demons. // They've got more than good looks... They're top-notch guards too! // Let these pretty boys' looks fool you, and you'll get worse than bruises...
(7th)
Guard-like man: You keep beating me, so I'm playing for keeps with my most powerful horde. // I'll freeze you solid and sink you to the bottom of the Tokyo Bay!
(8th)
Guard-like man: Take a long, hard look at this intense demon. It's the one you've been waiting for... Mara! // Even you won't be able to beat off this magnificent schlong. // He'll show you no mercy until you go down! You'll be totally impotent before his power!
[After winning]
(1st)
Guard-like man: Y-You bastard... Looks like you're no ordinary delinquent.
(1st through 7th)
You're not getting off this easy next time. Remember that!
(8th)
Guard-like man: Even Mara can't beat you? Guess it really is all in how you use it... // ...Fine, I'll let you have this Terminal.

Gipig
5 years ago#4
Shinjuku
(Always)
Host-like man: Hey, kiddo, you shouldn't be in here. // Can't you tell by looking around? This is a Domain to keep guys who get too close from getting away.
(1st)
It's been about twenty years since I started looking after the Terminals. They call me the Terminal Guardian.
(2nd through 4th)
They call me the--Wait, y-you're... You're that kiddo from before! // Ugh, this is gonna be a mess... But... I've got a job to do.
(5th through 7th)
Hm? You're that kid from before. You keep popping up like some problem customer.
(8th)
I had a feeling it'd be you again... My pay as a guardian has plummeted since you started beating me. // It's not easy being the breadwinner for an entire family on a low wage.
(Always)
Might as well take you with me and force you into my crew. // The time has come to show you what a man your senior can do! I'll bat you around 'til I'm ready to finish it!
[Fight starts]
(1st)
Host-like Man: You seem a little full of yourself just because you know your way around a sword. // Kiddos like you need this horde of Tengu to teach them their place.
(2nd)
Host-like Man: In the life of a host, women are truly a horde that surges ever forward. // Can you deal with these?
(3rd)
Host-like Man: Numbers aren't everything in a fight. A showy horde doesn't always get the job done. // I think I'm better off focusing on the quality of my demon. So I'll be siccing this big, strong one on you now. // Hehe... You're screwed for sure this time!
(4th)
Host-like Man: I've been playing it a little too straight with you so far. I gotta throw in a few curveballs, too. // Take these guys, for instance. Don't they look like the technical type to you? // They'll toy with you a little before they send you to hell...!
(5th)
Host-like Man: Since I just can't win when it comes to you, the only choice I have left is a big-name demon. // You recognize this one, right? It's the big man himself, Yamata-no_orochi. // If you feel like you can't beat this thing, well, I don't blame you. // Okay, kiddos, time to die!
(6th)
Host-like Man: Take a look at the top three hunks in my stable. // And they're not just pretty faces, oh no... They've got the skills to back it up. // Let these pretty boys' looks fool you, and you'll get worse than bruises...
(7th)
Host-like Man: I keep losing, so I'm going all out this time. Say hello to the strongest horde I could put together. // They'll freeze you and sink you to the bottom of the Tokyo Bay!
(8th)
Host-like man: He's definitely the biggest as far as size goes. It's Mara, making his long-awaited appearance! // Even you won't be able to beat off this magnificent schlong. // You'll be completely impotent by the time he's done working you.
[After winning]
(1st)
Host-like Man: Son of a gun... Looks like you're better than the average kid.
(1st through 7th)
You'll be singing a different tune next time! Just remember that!
(8th)
Host-like man: Even Mara can't beat you? Guess it really is all in how you use it... // Fine, this Terminal's yours.

Gipig
5 years ago#5
Ikebukero

(Always)
Sloppy man: Holy son of a...! Sheesh, you came outta nowhere! // Good thing I set up a Domain to deal with crap like this...
(1st)
I-it's been twenty years since I took up watching over the Terminals. They call me the Terminal Guardian.
(2nd through 4th)
They call me... Uh... Hold the phone... You're that kid who attacked me earlier! // You ain't bad for a tyke. Does this mean you wanna fight me again?
(5th through 7th)
You're one rambunctious kid... Are you out to deliberately wind me up?
(8th)
I don't know if you're trying to get my goat with this, but I already have something ready for you. // Whether it's my family's livelihood or the Terminal, there's nothing this guardian can't protect!
(Always)
Maybe you think you can outwit me, but I won't make it easy on you. // I hang low-down dirty tricksters like you in front of the station!
[Fight starts]
(1st)
Sloppy man: You seem pretty cocky just 'cause you know a thing or two about fighting. // Seems to me you need to learn your place, and I have just the horde of Tengu to teach you.
(2nd)
Sloppy man: An above-average nuisance like you deserves a whole horde... // The one I got is easy on the eyes and doesn't pack much of a punch... // But it'll do the job of knocking you flat well enough!
(3rd)
Sloppy man: Numbers aren't the only thing in a fight, after all. // The quality of the demon matters a lot, too. You ready to duke it out with a big, nasty demon? // If not, you're screwed this time!
(4th)
Sloppy man: Maybe I've been keeping it too simple so far. I'd better try throwing you a curveball... // How about these guys? They're kinda technical types, I think. // They're gonna chew you up and spit you right out...!
(5th)
Sloppy man: Well, you're giving me more trouble than I bargained for, so I guess it's time to bring out the big guns. // You know this one, huh? Yeah, that's right, it's Yamata-no-Orochi. // Are you shaking in your boots yet? Heheheheh... // Well then... time for you to die!
(6th)
Sloppy man: This time, I've cherry-picked a bunch of studs to be my demons. // Don't let their looks fool you, either. They're more than just pretty faces. // Underestimate these guys and you'll get worse than bruises...
(7th)
Sloppy man: You keep beating me, so I'm through pulling my punches. Get ready to meet the most powerful horde I got! // I'll freeze all of you until you sink to the bottom of the Tokyo Bay.
(8th)
Sloppy man: Get a load of the size of this one! It's the one-eyed demon Mara, makin' his long-awaited appearance! // Even you won't be able to beat off this magnificent schlong. // He'll show no mercy 'til you go down! You're gonna be totally impotent before his power!
[After winning]
(1st)
Sloppy man: Ugh... Guess you're no run-of-the-mill brat, huh...?
(1st through 7th)
It ain't gonna go like this next time! You better remember that!
(8th)
Sloppy man: Even Mara can't beat you? Guess it really is all in how you use it... // ...Oh well. The Terminal's yours.

Gipig
5 years ago#6
Shibuya

(Always)
Heavily made-up girl: Hey, dude. // Couldn't you see this was a Domain? Like, a "you'll be majorly boned if you get too close" Domain?
(1st)
I like, totally don't get you. How could you not scope me out guarding this Terminal here? // Seriously, what is wrong with you? Will you cut it out with that creepy stare?
(2nd through 4th)
I'm like, the guardian of the... Oh wait a second. You're like, that Terminal troll from before. // I-I like, don't remember you saying you'd be back. It's rude to show up without texting first and junk.
(5th through 7th)
Huh...? Ughhh, you again? I like, rilly don't wanna deal with you, but I have to cuz it's my job. // Ohhh, I get it! You're hitting on me, huh?
(8th)
...Like, just kidding? Were you all surprised and junk? Because I totally knew you'd be coming. // My S.O. gets rilly excited about twists like this too. // You know, like, how a dude and a chick who are enemies keep running into each other, and eventually fall in love?
(Always)
Anyway, sorry, but like, you're just not my type. // And like, I guess there's no nice way to say it, but I'm gonna kill you.
[Fight starts]
(1st)
Heavily made-up girl: I get the feeling that like, you think you're all that just because you can swing a sword? // Don't guys like you need a lesson and stuff? Like, maybe this horde of Tengu will teach you your place?
(2nd)
Heavily made-up girl: So I guess if I wanna get rid of you, I'll need like, a whole horde? Wouldn't it be sweet if like, a horde of girls took you out? I rilly don't think you can win this time!
(3rd)
Heavily made-up girl: So like, there's more to a fight than numbers? What's the point of throwing a bunch of weaklings at you? // Anyways, a girl's gotta be strict about quality and junk. So this time, I'll use a one-of-a-kind demon. // And you're gonna be major league screwed this time for sure!
(4th)
Heavily made-up girl: So like, I guess my demons were too boring until now. And I'd be better off mixing it up or something? // Like, how do these guys look? Don't they seem totally technical? // Doesn't it seem like they're gonna mess with you before they wipe you out?
(5th)
Heavily made-up girl: You know how like, I haven't beat you once yet? I was thinking like, maybe I'd do better with a rilly cool demon. // Do you even know who this is? Like, have you ever heard of Yamata-no-Orochi? He's kind of a big deal. // Are you thinking, omigod, there's no way I'm beating that thing? I bet you are, huh? // Are you like, ready to die and junk?
(6th)
Heavily made-up girl: So this time, I picked out a bunch of major hunks to fight you. // And like, they're not just total babes. They have rilly awesome skills too. // You'll totally be hurting like whoa if you let their looks fool you.
(7th)
Heavily made-up girl: So I'm gonna go for broke this time? And just like, let loose to the max with a totally strong horde! // You'll be like, frozen and stuck at the bottom of the Tokyo Bay.
(8th)
Heavily made-up girl: So like, what do you think of this big guy? Are you ready for Mara to make his appearance, like, finally? // There's no way someone like you could beat off this magnificent schlong. // He'll totally show no mercy until you go down and stuff. You'll be all like, impotent before his power?
[After winning]
(1st)
Heavily made-up girl: Ohmigod, rilly? Are you like, not some ordinary jerk?
(1st through 7th)
So like, I hope you know it's not gonna go so crappy for me next time and stuff!
(8th)
Heavily made-up girl: Even Mara can't beat you? I guess, like, it really is all how you use it. // So yeah and stuff, I'll like, let you have this Terminal. Okay?

Gipig
5 years ago#7
Tennozu

(Always)
Man's voice: Halt, thou varlet! // This Domain hath been established to ensnare scoundrels like thee!
(1st)
Anachronistic man: The folk call me the Guardian of the Terminal! I am a seasoned hand who has performed thus for nigh twenty years.
(2nd through 4th)
Anachronistic man: The folk call me the... Zounds! Thou art the varlet from before! // That thou wouldst follow the rail to come so far!
(5th through 7th)
Anachronistic man: I think thou hast surmised that there is a Terminal here to be won!
(8th)
Anachronistic man: Thou hast come... Thou Terminal-seeking scoundrel! // Wouldst thou deprive a patriarch of honest work, to chortle at the tears of his starving family? // ...Yes, that's exactly what an actor would say at such a dramatic moment! Good thing I had a line prepared!
(Always)
See my armor? Doesn't it look perfect for a period piece? I found it in a run-down theater nearby. // The thread of thine fate shall be severed here! Fall before the blade of a steadfast guardian!
[Fight starts]
(1st)
Anachronistic man: Thou taketh unseemly pride in thine ability to wield a blade. // Your like must learnt thy place with mine horde of Tengu!
(2nd)
Anachronistic man: If I am to rid myself of a scoundrel like you, I must send a horde to do mine work. // The one I hath prepared tends toward the sweetly-visaged and is a trifle lacking in might... // But it shall be adequate to crush the likes of thee!
(3rd)
Anachronistic man: 'Tis more to a fray than mere numbers. // One must field a strong warrior! The demon I have for thee is a true brute, spoiling for a fight. // Thine hour hath come at last, scoundrel!
(4th)
Anachronistic man: Mine demons hath been too regular in nature thus far. I must introduce a new wrinkle into our rivalry. // What sayest thou to these? Do they not seem the technical sort? // They shall sport with thee for a time before sending thee to hell!
(5th)
Anachronistic man: I have had ill luck against thee, and feel no recourse but to employ a demon high in status. // Dost thou know him? 'Tis the singularly monstrous Yamata-no-Orochi. // I should not be surprised if thou feel unworthy to face him... 'Tis perfectly natural. // I fear the hour has come for thee to perish!
(6th)
Anachronistic man: This time, I hath prepared a selection of hale specimens worthy of being my champions. // Be thou not fooled by their appearance. I assure thee, they have skill enough to belie their pretty faces. // If thou art taken in by their fair countenance, thou shalt suffer worse than a bruising...
(7th)
Anachronistic man: I have grappled with thee so long to no avail, but ah, now thou shalt face the most powerful of mine hordes! // I shall make of thee a glacier and send thee to the bottom of Tokyo Bay!
(8th)
Anachronistic man: What sayeth thou to this dread demon? 'Tis the stiff-backed Mara, making his appearance at last. // Even one such as thou shalt ne'er beat off this magnificent member. // He shall show thee no mercy 'til thou goeth down. Thou shalt be utterly impotent before his might.
[After winning]
(1st)
Anachronistic man: Ho, what's this... 'Twould seem that thou art no ordinary scoundrel.
(1st through 7th)
'Twill not go so miserably for me our next go-round! Remember that!
(8th)
Anachronistic man: E'en Mara could not defeat thee? 'Twould appear that it truly is all in how one uses it... // Very well! The Terminal is thine.

Gipig
5 years ago#8
Toyosu

(Always)
Man's voice: You there, young man. Hold it there. // I'm afraid it's no use running. You see, I've set up a Domain here.
(1st)
Businesslike man: I've had the honor of looking after the Terminals for over twenty years. Some call me the Terminal Guardian.
(2nd through 4th)
Businesslike man: Some call me the... Hm? // Ah... The mischievous boy from before. You've made yourself quite a nuisance. I'd best deal with you quickly.
(5th through 7th)
Businesslike man: You're back, you mischievous boy. I was confident that I'd see you at another Terminal.
(8th)
Businesslike man: We meet again, you mischievous boy. // Ever since you began wreaking havoc, it's become rather difficult to put food on the table for my family. // Not that I am worried. All I must do is to make sure this place is protected.
(Always)
I can't tolerate those who trespass carelessly, not even high-spirited youths like yourself. // I will capture you and reap the reward.
[Fight starts]
(1st)
Businesslike man: It seems you have a high opinion of your own abilities merely because you are somewhat skilled in combat. // I think this horde of Tengu will do nicely in puncturing that arrogance.
(2nd)
Businesslike man: If I want to get rid of a youth like you, I think I'll be needing a horde. // And I have just the one. It's made mostly of prettier faces, and doesn't have as much stopping power... // But it'll be enough to handle you, I think.
(3rd)
Businesslike man: Numbers aren't all that matters in battle, of course. // The quality of the demons is at least as important. I've selected a truly brutish one, spoiling for a fight. // I think you'll find that you're finished this time for certain.
(4th)
Businesslike man: Perhaps I've been approaching this too narrowly. I might be better served throwing a curveball or two. // Do you think these will qualify? I believe they're more the technical type. // I'll allow them to toy with you a bit before they send you to hell.
(5th)
Businesslike man: Perhaps I've been approaching this too narrowly. I might be better served throwing a curveball or two. // Do you think these will qualify? I believe they're more the technical type. // I'll allow them to toy with you a bit before they send you to hell.
(6th)
Businesslike man: Since I can't seem to get the best of you, I've decided to rely on a very special demon. // You know the one, yes? It's the one and only Yamata-no-Orochi. // I'll understand if it makes you nervous about your chances. I'm sure I'd feel the same. // And now, it's time you die.
(7th)
Businesslike man: Time and time again, I've lost to you, so this time I'm pulling out all the stops with a powerful demon horde. // They'll leave you encased in a block of ice at the bottom of the Tokyo Bay.
(8th)
Businesslike man: How about this intense demon? It's the always-prominent Mara, making his long-awaited appearance. // Even you, I think, will have trouble beating off this magnificent member. // You'll find yourself completely impotent before his merciless power.
[After winning]
(1st)
Businesslike man: Y-You little... I think I had you wrong. You're no ordinary youth.
(1st through 7th)
It won't go this way next time. You can bank on that.
(8th)
Businesslike man: Even Mara can't beat you? I suppose it really is all in how you use it... // Very well. The Terminal is yours.

Gipig
5 years ago#9
Purgatorium

(Always)
Man's voice: Woah, whoa, whoaaa! Hold it right there!
> A man suddenly rushes towards you and blocks your passage.
(1st)
Intuitive man: Whew... Sorry kid, but I'm not gonna let you go any further. // Folks call me the Terminal Guardian. I'm a tried and true veteran who's been on the job for over twenty years.
(2nd through 4th)
Intuitive man: Huh...? You're that kid from before! You're gonna pay for last time... // Well, never mind that, though! My guardian's intuition came into play.
(5th through 7th)
Intuitive man: So, it was you... That was a close one. I'll skip the introduction this time. // After all, surely you know... If I'm here, a Terminal's not far off!
(8th)
Intuitive man: You're my sworn enemy... You've really done a number on the Terminals in Tokyo! // I've bounced from job to job, trying to feed my family... // But my keenly-honed intuition told me what's here!
(Always)
If there's a Terminal behind me, then I'll kill anyone who gets near it!
[Fight starts]
(1st)
Intuitive man: Hey, kid! You seem pretty sure of yourself just because you got some skill with a sword! // I think you need to be taken down a peg or two with this Tengu horde!
(2nd)
Intuitive man: I can see that I'll need a horde to get rid of you. // This one leans toward prettier faces and doesn't pack quite as much of a punch... // But my guess is it'll be more than enough to handle you!
(3rd)
Intuitive man: There's more to a fight than drowning an enemy in numbers, after all. // I can see that the quality of a demon matters too! Like this big, strong guy--He's itching for a fight! // I have a strong hunch that you're going down, kid!
(4th)
Intuitive man: The problem is I've been playing it too predictable, eh? I gotta try somethin' you won't see comin'. // How do these guys look to you? Think you can handle the more technical type? // I can see them toying with you a little before finishing you off...!
(5th)
Intuitive man: I see it's gonna take a lot to beat you... I'll need a really big demon. // Can you foresee who I'm talking about? That's right! It's Yamata-no-Orochi! // Getting a feeling of foreboding doom? If so, your intuition's not wrong! // Now it's time to say goodbye!
(6th)
Intuitive man: This time, I've got a real handsome crew for my demons. // And they're not just pretty faces, either. You'll see that they've got the skills to back it up. // Get fooled by these boys' looks, and they won't let you off with just a few bruises...
(7th)
Intuitive man: I don't see myself winning this way. So I'm bringing out the big guns, with the most powerful horde I've got. // You have a dismal future, frozen at the bottom of Tokyo Bay!
(8th)
Intuitive man: I bet you didn't see this guy coming... It's good ol' Mara, making his long-awaited appearance! // Even you won't be able to beat off this magnificent schlong. Hehe.... Get it? Beat off? // He'll show no mercy 'til you go down! You're gonna be totally impotent before his power!
[After winning]
(1st)
Intuitive man: Y-you bastard... Guess you're no ordinary brat.
(1st through 7th)
I don't see it going this way the next time! You remember that!
(8th)
Intuitive man: Even Mara can't beat you? Guess it really is all in how you use it... // Fine, the Terminal's yours.

Gipig
5 years ago#10
Lucifer's Palace
Note: The dialogue after the introduction is the same as in Purgatorium. I'm not sure if the voice acting is different, however.

(Always)
Man's voice: Wait wait wait wait wait wait! Don't move another inch!
> A man suddenly rushes towards you and blocks your passage.
(1st)
Intuitive man: Folks call me the Terminal Guardian. I'm a genuine veteran who's been on the job for over twenty years. // This is a strange place I've found myself in... but I can sense that there's a Terminal behind me!
(2nd through 4th)
Intuitive man: Wait... you're that Terminal-raiding brat, aren't you? // If you're here... then there must be a Terminal not far off!
(5th through 7th)
Intuitive man: I'm just in time, I see! // My finely-honed intuition told me that you were approaching a Terminal...
(8th)
(Always)
Sorry, but you won't be escaping this Domain. // If you want to use this place, then you gotta get by me. And I won't make it easy on you!

9th fight - Ueno

Voice: Yo, yo, yo! Hold it right there, young man! // You jumped right into this Domain like a moth bein' drawn to the fire.
Earthy man: Yo, did I surprise ya? I knew you'd come around here! // I still love this job, and I've always been proud of the work I do. // Don't no matter how much you get the best of me, I know I can take it.
Seein' as how I've found you here, you'd better get fixin' to die. // Least you'll be fertilizer for the famous cherry trees here!
[Fight starts]
Earthy man: Sorry, but I'm going to win this time, make no mistake. // I set up the perfect strategy and the toughest demons just for you. // Your life is mine!
[After beating Barong and Rangda]
Earthy man: Don't think you've won this one yet. The battles so far were just warm-ups. // Barong and Rangda... There's only one thing that comes from combinin' those two... // Here goes!
> The earthy man ran off somewhere!
> ......
> The guardian still hasn't returned...
> ......
> The earthy man comes walking confidently back...
> He has a tremendous demon with him!
Earthy man: Shiva's the most powerful demon, and the most powerful demon is Shiva. // This here's really the roughest, toughest demon I can summon. // Every time we meet, it's been brutal, but this'll end it all.
[After beating Shiva]
Earthy man: What kind of moron are you? // Do you even know how much trouble I had to go through to fuse Shiva? // Fine... I'll let you have this Terminal.
Damn, you took all the Terminals. // Heh, you got me good! Man, Samurai are something else!
[At the terminal]
> The Domain lifted...
Terminal guardian: Aw man, you've put me out of business as a guardian. // But oh well... I guess it's not so bad if I think of it as a chance to go back to making an honest buck.
> The Terminal Guardian suddenly threw off his clothes!
Terminal guardian: Sometimes I'm a young girl, and at other times I might be a guard who watches over the city...
I was inspired by reruns of an anime I used to watch. I did this job just to transform every day...
But that all ends now. I'm going back to my family. // I probably won't ever see you again, but good luck staying alive. See ya.
> The Terminal Guardian leaves...
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV
  3. Terminal Guardian's Alternate Dialogue (Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived