• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Dimensions
  3. Using a Memorist as a Super Red Mage - An Old Topic Revisited

User Info: JaeromDarkwind

JaeromDarkwind
2 months ago#11
In case anyone's interested, I played through again and this time kept Sol, Aigis, and Sarah at Memorist 9, and pushed Dusk to 20. The difference in stats is noticeable, but not a big problem, and not having to reroll memorandum makes things less tedious.

At level 66, no gear or memories assigned:

Sol - HP 3594 / MP 289
Aigis - HP 3584 / MP 294
Sara - HP 3576 / MP 298
Dusk - HP 3940 / MP 325

User Info: astrophys

astrophys
2 months ago#12
That's a helpful thought to keep in mind.

In my own case, I'm only preparing 1 of my characters (Sarah) to be the Red Mage -> Memorist mage described here, as I wanted to have the flexibility to have my other 3 characters learning additional skills throughout the game.

But your way sounds like it has a really fun time after it reaches "The Paladin" (and thus can switch into Memorist).

astrophys
1 month ago#13
Okay, I've mastered Red Mage on Sarah and switched her to Memorist (the only character who I kept without other abilities, so I could try this build with her while others could still learn other abilities and fusions).

I now confirm from my own firsthand experience what has been previously been said - Memorist's Doublecast does access Summons [even though Sarah has not been in a single battle as a Summoner and has not a single job level or AP a a Summoner]. White/Black/Summon/Magic Blade; she accesses them all.

That said, at the start of "the Paladin", the Memorist doesn't have enough memories to out-stat even the Red Mage, so it will take some time [more memories with more story progress] for the build to mature.

Still, glad to be playing around with it now.

Also need to decided whether to keep Sarah at Memorist 9 or 20, as @JaeromDarkwind discusses above.

astrophys
4 weeks ago#14
Advice on using the Memorist in Chapter 3: The Paladin, up the Vata boss battle on Mt. Wells. : Don't use your Memorist as a replacement to your White Mage; you really want an actual White Mage for healing you (because the boss hits really hard), with your Memorist to run a combination of backup-healer, support, and attacking.

However, I'm finding that in random battles its a different story and that Memorist's Osmotic Blade + Curaja is very good for sustaining your MP long-term for healing.

astrophys
3 days ago#15
I'm finding in my experience that Shiva is slightly out-damaging the -aga spells at the moment, so that suggests that using the Summons for damage may be preferable for your Memorist, when the elements the Light Side has align with the enemy's elemental vulnerability/weakness.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Dimensions
  3. Using a Memorist as a Super Red Mage - An Old Topic Revisited
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers