• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: StyrixA

StyrixA
7 months ago#1
Does anyone know the math for how Recover works? I notice that it gives more MP if I'm in a class with more max MP. It also stacks if multiple characters have it. My primary casters can easily gain 10 MP per battle, which can be super helpful. And my Strikers can easily gain 4 MP per battle. I'll test more, but maybe someone already has the math figured out?

User Info: oldguy2

oldguy2
7 months ago#2
Probably based on the Mind (MND) stat.
My magic users have 7 to 8 times the MND stat of my fighters.
He's got the whole world in His hands: earth, wind, fire, water, and time.

StyrixA
7 months ago#3
Maybe. But my Black Mage recovers just as much as my White Mage, so it is probably something more like Int and Mind based.

StyrixA
7 months ago#4
Also, the multiple character having it thing is interesting, but I'm probably not going to experiment to figure out the details. In case someone else does search, though, I do find that multiple characters having it is effective.

User Info: The_Lourde

The_Lourde
2 months ago#5
Kinda looks like 1% HP/MP (rounded down) per character with Recovery.
FFRK: ubvE (Terra AASB)

User Info: astrophys

astrophys
2 months ago#6
I've also been trying out Recover in my ongoing campaign and this figure in post #5 seems to be correct so far [though I've only tested it with one character with Recovery].

That is to say, it does appear to be 1% HP/MP (rounded down).

I have a Red Mage Diana with just under 200 MP [I think its like 194 MP] and she's only recovering 1 MP after battle (which is 1% of 194 rounded down - as 1% of 194 is 1.94, and 1.94 rounds down to 1), while I have a Black Mage Alba with the high 200s MP (but less than 300 MP), and she's recovering 2 MP after battle.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: astrophys

astrophys
2 months ago#7
I'll now add that I can confirm that multiple Recovers stack.

Nacht and Glaive with Recover on them are giving Diana 4 MP a battle and Alba 6 MP a battle. Glaive, reclassed to Warrior for a time to get War Cry has less than 100 MP total (but more than 50 MP), but is still healing 1 MP per battle.

I think it suggests that it might sum up the Recovers and only THEN round down (as 2 Recovers x 1% per Recover = 2%; 2% of 50 is 1; if it worked the other way, 1% rounded down and then multiply this bye 2 Recovers we would have expected 0 instead). More testing of other cases is needed to confirm edge cases.
(edited 2 months ago)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers